A Little Help

Options
EDesq
EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
I have a 13 year old Nephew that I want too get a Christmas gift. He's a bright kid who stays in his Mom's "Dog House." He is very curious about things, LOVES to tinker with things and work with his hands. He says he would like to be an engineer on day.

Any suggestions on gifts would be very appreciated.
Thanks

Replies

• patbelford
    patbelford Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Buy him a Meccano set, in the States it's called Erector. They usually have some sets at Costco. Very fun stuff for anyone who likes to build and tinker.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Seriously ... you could have a blast with this. Get him something old he can take apart and put back together - bike, radio, etc. Go to Goodwill and find something that just dares a curious 13 year old to take apart just for the fun of it. You might need to add a few tools, but really, this sounds like something right up his alley.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    You could take him to a museum if you're fairly close. (I am an engineer geek and I love like the Air and Space Museum in DC). He might find it pretty interesting and hed probably enjoy the one on one time more than the actual museum.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Seriously ... you could have a blast with this. Get him something old he can take apart and put back together - bike, radio, etc. Go to Goodwill and find something that just dares a curious 13 year old to take apart just for the fun of it. You might need to add a few tools, but really, this sounds like something right up his alley.
    ^^ this worked for me at that age ^^
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    K'Nex are similar to Erector sets...I don't even know if they make Erector sets anymore?