do you log your exercise?

Options
Maybe its wrong for me to think this way, but i feel like if i log my exercise and then eat the extra calories they give me that i wont lose weight. what do you guys do?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yes it's wrong of you to think that way. You need to understand TDEE, calorie deficits, and net calories. Then it will make sense.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I say use the site/plan as intended. If you under eat you will sabotage yourself.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I log them and eat them 99% of the time. And it hasn't hurt my weight loss one bit! Good luck to you!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    yes it's wrong of you to think that way

ok, just laughed out loud and snorted over this...that would have been ok had I not been eating a honeycrisp apple...I think there might be some lodged between my mouth and my nose somewhere!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I log them based on what my HRM says (so it's fairly accurate) and eat all of them and it's never held me back! You need to fuel that engine!
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've done it both ways and this time around I'm logging exercise and eating back the calories- and it is working much better for me.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Reached my goals in September 2011 by logging EVERY workout and EATING every calorie. Trust me. It works. Similar concept as the new Weight Watchers.

Here's why:

My goals were 1260/day to lose 1lb/week.

On days I worked out if I DID NOT log my workouts and eat every calorie I would be NET...

.... WAIT FOR IT....

760!!!!!

What human can live on 760/day and lose weight?
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    I log it and eat! :)
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    yes it's wrong of you to think that way

ok, just laughed out loud and snorted over this...that would have been ok had I not been eating a honeycrisp apple...I think there might be some lodged between my mouth and my nose somewhere!

LOL!
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    For me, I log and dont eat many of them back. If I do eat all of them I maintain or gain. It sucks lol
  • hnjohnson007
    Options
    i work out so i can eat 'em :-) what can i say? I love food!
  • rochey1098
    Options
    I actually workout harder each day when I think of the nice things I can eat when I finally finish. Losing weight just fine: 2-3 lbs a week
  • karenyg
    Options
    i log it and try my hardest to eat them back, I all short alot but I'm maintaining what i have losted. The tools here are great use them you will see a difference.:smile:
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I log them just to see what I have done over the course of time. I eat some of them back (not all most days) although yesterday I ate them ALL.

If you don't log them, do you track them else where (excel sheet, workout diary etc) so that you can see your fitness gains?
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i only log dedicated cardio as it burns to most cals and i do it 6 times a week. i rarely log resistance, which i do 3 times a week. and i never log incidental exercise like walking the kids to school - a 5k round trip, walking to get the mail/grogeries...house work, playing with kids, mowing lawn...the list goes on. i see these as part of my everyday life not weight loss tools.
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I log it and eat! :)

ditto
  • theresabugx
    theresabugx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I log them just to see what I have done over the course of time. I eat some of them back (not all most days) although yesterday I ate them ALL.

If you don't log them, do you track them else where (excel sheet, workout diary etc) so that you can see your fitness gains?

yes i write EVERYTHING down that i do in a seperate notebook
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Logging and eating most of them makes this a much easier plan to follow