Second time around

lisako76
lisako76 Posts: 1
Hi everyone,

I am new to myfitnesspal but really like the mobile tool so far. About 5 years ago I went on Atkins and lost 132 pounds. I even kept it off for several years, fluctuating like 10 pounds, not bad! But, this past year I got my heart broken and have had some very stressful work and home situations that have really knocked me down. I have let my weight creep back up an appalling 65 pounds :( I need to both get a handle on the stress so that I don't creep up any further and, get that 65 pounds back off! I hate how I feel physically and emotionally about this weight gain.

While Atkins worked very well for me for a bunch of reasons, I really want to go a more balanced approach because it would be nice to eat like a normal person for a while lol. So, I am back to good old fashioned calorie counting. I am terrible at moderation which is why Atkins worked so well for me. It's time for me to learn new habits.

I found some friends on a low carb diet site that I know I couldn't have had the success I had in the past without. I am hoping that with this starting over on myfitnesspal I can find some buddies here so we can motivate each other. It helps tremendously!

I have really learned that I cant lose weight when I dont feel worth it and it's easy to feel down and say what's the point? I had success in the past because I pushed past those feelings and lost the weight and, the more I lost the more I liked myself. I need to get that back.

So, anyone who is interested in having a buddy on this difficult journey, please let me know! Thanks!

Lisa

Replies

• nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Hi Lisa,

This is my second time on here but it's the 1st time I've really been motivated. I've found good support and advice really helps so feel free to add me :smile:
  • I sent a friend request!
This discussion has been closed.