Some Advice!

Options
Hello Everyone! I have been using the MyFitnessPal on my android for about one month now and it is getting a little lonely. So far I have lost 14 lbs doing it on my own with no support. I recently had back surgery on Sept. 13 2011 it takes at least 6 months for me to fully recover. I cannot lift over 5 lbs, bend, or twist so i am extremely limited to what i can do, but i do walk atleast 40 minutes 4 times a week on a tredmill that i had traveled 100 miles to get! I want to lose weight without being jiggley but I am restricted... any advice?

Replies

• pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise so focus on what you eat as you gradually build up you physical activities! Walking in the meantime is better than doing nothing and should make you feel better. Don't set your goal too high and you will be fine - slow and steady win the race!
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I agree. You could really use this time to get your healthy eating in super check, so when you are able to start working out again- you will get so much more out of it because you won't be ruining your hard work with crap food. Think of exercising as extra credit- you can't the grade you want with extra credit alone- sure it will help you, but you have to but the hard work in first. Food is #1 and exercise is #2!

since you are limited to walking- try mixing it up sometimes and walk on inclines. Incline walking even at a slower pace always kicks my butt and my buns haha! Good luck in your recovery!
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Walking is good. Change the incline, walk up a hill if you are able. You can go through the motions of dumbbell curls without using any weight. Keep your range of motion going. Be patient. Healing is the most important thing right now. Eat well with protein, fruits and vegetables to give your body the best nutrients to heal.