Fondue anyone?

Options
Okay so my husband and I will be spending Thanksgiving with my family. So tomorrow night we are going to fondue with his side of the family. Fondue...I think cheese, chocolate? I've only been once a long time ago. I really don't want to use any extra calories tomorrow evening, especially since Thursday is Thanksgiving!

Any advice on eating healthy at a fondue restaurant?

Thank you! =-)

Replies

• Lilylove86
    Lilylove86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm french so this whole fondue thing is basically a religion to us...lol. The healthiest fondue is definitely a broth one where you cook your meat and veggies in it, but the generic fondue's that most people do are cheese ones....oh dear dear dear. lol. I wish I could give you tips for the actual fondue part. If its cheese, I would just not put too much of it on whatever you are dipping into it....and don't eat too much bread (which can be hard when it smells SOOO good). lol.

The great thing about a fondue is that its meant to be eaten slowly and truly savoured. You may find that because you are going to be eating more slowly, you'll eat less because you're stomach will have time to register the food.

I wish you luck and a very happy american thanksgiving!