Thanksgiving Stress

Options
gp79
gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
Like, OMG, what should I do on Thanksgiving day? I don't want to eat any sugar, or fat or foods with alot of sodium. What am I going to do? I don't want my family to think I'm on a diet.

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Us REAL dieters don't do Thanksgiving! I'm sitting in my closet with a handful of celery and praying I don't absorb calories by proximity...
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Eat vegetables...
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    lol @ reply about sitting in the closet
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I gave up I am not going anywhere....Crap its at my house so I get the leftovers too.
  • gp79
    Options
    Ok, I'm with you Shovav91. My goal will be to eat celery at maintenance of 2650. That ought to fill me up.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Only smell the food. Then drink 4 gallons of water. You'll be fine.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm with you Shovav91. My goal will be to eat celery at maintenance of 2650. That ought to fill me up.

Make sure to drink water too... otherwise you'll bloat from all of the sodium in the air :noway:
  • gp79
    Options
    Oh wait..I'm on one of those low fiber diets. I'm screwed.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Take some HCG drops and eat only 500 calories.. that should fix the problem.

Or eat and then exercise like a fiend so you don't gain anything.. duh!
  • gp79
    Options
    These are excellent ideas. Thanks everyone.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Us REAL dieters don't do Thanksgiving! I'm sitting in my closet with a handful of celery and praying I don't absorb calories by proximity...

haha.....i'm still laughing about this one.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Another idea I just read on these lovely forums.. Only eat a tablespoon of everything except Turkey and Green Veggies... those two you can have as much as you want.
  • gp79
    Options
    That's a great idea. I'm thinking since I'm on a diet I'll bring my teaspoon.