Just freaked right out!!! Can this be muscle??

Options
Hi there

I have been staying off scales and mainly measuring every few weeks - everything has been going down, down, down, until I just measured and saw my boobs have gone up 2cm (I know most people wouldn't complain about that lol) and my neck has gone up 2.5!!!!. Can this be because I have just started kayaking again after a year or so of it sitting in the shed? I have been doing 5klm paddles once or twice a week for the last 3 weeks or so (since I last measured).
I sure don't want this to be some downhill slide to fat creeping back on - all other measurements were down by a cm or so.

Cheers

Rob

Replies

• chrisc16
    Options
    Most likely muscle, relax and enjoy. As long as you are eating right and working out, don't worry.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting heavy weights or eating at a calorie surplus? If both answers are no, then it's not muscle.

It's prob. water retention from doing a new workout that you haven't done before.. give it a week and it should go back down.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    That would be quite freaky. If you are eating in a caloric deficit it is very unlikely it is either muscle or fat. It could be water retention, not to mention there are other things that can cause changes in bust size for women not related to putting on muscle or fat, or so I seem to remember hearing. If you other measurements have went down and only this one went up then I would assume your still losing fat and wait until your next measurement to see what happens.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    It looks like some sort of serpent to me.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If your neck is getting bigger it's either water or fat.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback guys!!!
    Hmmm - I just can't cope with the neck - and LOL - no I didn't measure it with the snake around it!!!!
    I did notice while I was out for a kayak this arvo that my neck muscles are HUGE while I am paddling along. So I am gunna hope this is all it is - I think there would be something in rebuilding them and my back muscles - surely???
    Lets hope so anyways and I will be sure to keep a check on it all in the next week or so - cos 21.5kg can't undo itself in that time - so all I can do is keep it in check I suppose.

xx