Bathroom Scale Help?

GuillaineC
GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
I went to the odctor today, and they said i weighed 11 more pounds than my home bathroom scale. :_(
So, I want to buy a new one, any suggestions? I would like more accurate results.

Replies

• Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Weight watchers! I LOVE thier scale
  • Wow. 11 more pounds? Did they weigh you with clothes and shoes? After breakfast? Beverages? When you weighed at home, was it first thing in the morning and dry?
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    I wouldn't buy a new scale just because the doctors one said differently than your one at home. [Although if you dont have a digital one, get one! lol] Just base your weight off of the scale you use normally. It will still let ya know if you're losing weight or not. My old scale was always way different than the one at my doctors, but I knew if i lost 5 lbs, well I lost 5 lbs so that's all that mattered. Lol
  • Doctors office scales always weigh heavy in my experience, so don't be too discouraged! I love my EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale. It can be found on Amazon and has over 4,000 reviews and is rated 4.5 stars our of 5. Highly recommend it.
  • I bought the cheapest one from walmart for weighing my airplane carry on baggage.. i think it was for $10 or less. It shows my body weight to + or - 1 pound, which is great.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Try not to stress about this. It all depends on the time of day you weighed, what you were wearing, had you already eaten/drank that day yet? It is always best to weigh on the same scale, in the same spot, at the same time, on the same day. I find it best to weigh on Saturday morning, nude, before eating or drinking and after using the restroom.

It's also possible, that the doctor scale was not calibrated properly.

You don't have to spend a ton on a bathroom scale, but if you want a new one, I find I like digital scales better. You can get a get one for less than $50. Just remember to keep it in the same spot in your bathroom. Try out different spots, too. There is one spot in my bathroom that weighs 3 pounds lower! lol Good luck!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    I guess if you weigh with the same scale each time, it should not matter. I wouldn't weigh with 2 different scales or it will obviously be off- I notice if I weigh on carpet, and then on the hard floor- I get about a 10 pound difference. Maybe this is the issue. Do not go crazy about the numbers unless you use these for accuracy. Use either the dr. office scale or your bathroom and then leave it at that.
  • lucky2too
    lucky2too Posts: 69 Member
    I like my WW scales a lot. I always get on the scales right after I get home from the doctor's office, wearing everything I wore when I was weighed. It gives me an idea of how my scales compare to the office scales. But i don't worry too much about the office scales becase I keep track of my weight on MY scales..If your scales are 11 lbs off...who cares? Your doctor's office scales could be wrong.
  • GuillaineC
    GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
    Wow. 11 more pounds? Did they weigh you with clothes and shoes? After breakfast? Beverages? When you weighed at home, was it first thing in the morning and dry?

Yes, I was fully clothed but no shoes, it was around 2:30ish. I weighed myself this morning.
  • brandirashael
    brandirashael Posts: 12 Member
    I have the weight watchers one also. Its always within a pound or two from drs. scale. You can get it at Walmart.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Test to see if your scale is calibrated. Weigh something on it, to see if the scale will pick up the item's weight. If you have a dumbbell put it on it, if the scale display the exact amount or even .2 points (for example: 8.02), then your scale is correct.

If your scale is not calibrated and you want a regular scale and not a body fat scale, then buy a digital Health-O-Meter scale at Walmart. It's a doctor's scale.
This discussion has been closed.