Big Girl Gone Runner!

Options
In January, I set a goal to lose 30 pounds before my 30th birthday (in Sept). I started the one place I knew to and counted "Points". As I began incorporating exercise, my weight-loss came to a stand still. Waiting in a library lobby, I came across an article which mentioned My Fitness Pal. I found the site and the app and began using it to track my food. The weight began coming off again! I continued to walk/run until eventually I was up to 3 miles. At some point I made the decision to train for and run my first Half Marathon (which I completed just last month). I continued to lose the weight using the tools here on MFP. I'm now down almost 40 pounds going from a snug size 14 to buying my first pair of size 8 jeans! I'm still running and I'm almost to my goal weight. I love what I've learned along the way and I share my journey here as well as blogging at www.runningsforthebirds.blogspot.com ...If you're looking for encouragement and real life do-it-yourself transformation, this is it! Looking forward to meeting some of you! :smile:

Replies