Big Girls Don't Cry!

Options
In January, I set a goal to lose 30 pounds before my 30th birthday (in Sept)....I had set healthy goals many times and failed to reach them. This time was going to be different, big girls don't cry and I wasn't getting any younger (or smaller)! I started the one place I knew to and counted "Points". As I began incorporating exercise, my weight-loss came to a stand still. Waiting in a library lobby, I came across an article which mentioned My Fitness Pal. I found the site and the app and began using it to track my food. The weight began coming off again! I continued to walk/run until eventually I was up to 3 miles. At some point I made the decision to train for and run my first Half Marathon (which I completed just last month). I continued to lose the weight using the tools here on MFP. I'm now down almost 40 pounds going from a snug size 14 to buying my first pair of size 8 jeans! I'm still running and I'm almost to my goal weight. I love what I've learned along the way and I share my journey here as well as blogging at www.runningsforthebirds.blogspot.com ...If you're looking for encouragement and real life do-it-yourself transformation, this is it! Looking forward to meeting some of you!