Ladies could you help?

Options
Hey ladies TMI I know but I need some help with something
My TOM is 8 days late and I need to sort of know how much excercise would put off a period?
I've tried researching but it doesn't really give me much of an answer besides that I'm more active,
So my question is does it happen to you? And if it has how long does it get put off by?

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't affect me. If this continues, go see your doctor.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    It can affect it. If you start a semi vigorous-vigorous routine, it may stop altogether.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I'm not a lady, but you might also consider pregnancy.
    It's not mine, right?:bigsmile:
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Mine does it every month while loosing weight I can be one to two days early one month and 10 days over the next. Unless you think you could've pregnant , it should sort its self out. Otherwise have a chat to your dr. =)
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm not a lady, but you might also consider pregnancy.
    It's not mine, right?:bigsmile:

I probably should've added I'm also NOT pregnant lol
    No your in the clear haha :laugh:
  • briggsl23
    Options
    This hasnt happened to me directly, but I have a friend that has started working out and she was on time, but she has only been having 2 day toms for the last couple months, so I do think there may be a connection..but havent heard much on it elsewhere...I would definitely call the doctor to get their thoughts on it..good luck!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I'd go pee on a stick and eliminate that possibility first. You'd probably have to go pretty hard core to disrupt your cycle with exercise if you aren't historically irregular.

:flowerforyou:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    No your in the clear haha :laugh:
    Dodged a bullet there, buddy! Drinks are on me! :drinker:
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    Options
    Not pregnant,

I've read a lot on health forum sites and they say it can disrupt it, just didn't know exactly how long
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I used to run 8-10 miles a day mine completely stopped. I did go to the Dr about it since I wanted to have a baby (our 3rd)...I had to cut way back on my running and it took about 5 months before I got back to "normal".
    Good luck!
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Are you on birth control? Over time, birth control can make periods decrease or stop all together.
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Sometimes when you loose weight to fast it might take your period time to re-adjust. ( My friend had this problem. )
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Happened to me when I started lifting.. my dr had me track it and it eventually returned to normal. I'd say track it and see what happens but def give your gyno a heads up (oh and pee on a stick.. you never know.)
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    yes it can.. I went from having very heavy and long lasting periods to nearly non existent periods.. I LOVE IT LOL
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is going to have a different experience.
    If it doesn't turn up soon, I would go to a doctor to make sure there is no reason other than exercise to cause this change.
  • Spliceintuit
    Spliceintuit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just started exercising this month, and I'm definitely late. Since my 3rd son, I've been pretty regular up until this month.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    Options
    yes it can.. I went from having very heavy and long lasting periods to nearly non existent periods.. I LOVE IT LOL

We sound the same lol
    I was having them every 9 days lasting 7 days and heavy to now a long time in between
    Kinda freaks me out lol
  • peppa1p
    Options
    I just had a baby 4 months ago and when I was one day late I was preg, but it is a possibility that its late due to working out. I workout 2 hours a day and I'm like a clock. All people bodies work differently.
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Rapid weight loss can affect hormone levels thus disrupting the monthly cycle. I find when my iron stores are low it impacts that area too. Dried apricots and iron rich foods usually help. All the best!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Personally, when I started working out hard i skipped about 3 months... and then when i got it, it was light for about a day then stopped and would come back light again a week later for about 2 days......that happend for 2 months...