Hoe to keep bagged salad fresh

Options
When I bought my giant bag of salad greens, it seemed like a good idea, now I'm wondering how to keep it fresh short of eating it for all three meals:laugh: With heads of lettuce I have wetted a papertowel and wrapped it up. Any suggestions?

Replies

• porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    When I bought my giant bag of salad greens, it seemed like a good idea, now I'm wondering how to keep it fresh short of eating it for all three meals:laugh: With heads of lettuce I have wetted a papertowel and wrapped it up. Any suggestions?
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I usually toss a couple dry paper towels in the bag and close it up real tight... towels soak up the moisture.
  • ggooding12
    Options
    I have a bigbowl that I make the salad in, usually having the shredded carrots and cucumbers in seperate bowl already to go. My kids do not all like the same thing. Them the salad is already cut and mixed. I have 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, 1 green leaf lettuce, kale and spinach. Then all you need to do is throw it in the bowl. I will last all week. I also have 2 - 4 eating out of it. Works great. Then I have grape tomatoes. Depending what you put in the salad can make it soggy, ie; cucumbers and cut up tomatoes.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I have heard that the green bags for produce work good. I have not tried them. I try to keep air in the bag because that seems to help.
    I'm glad DH is eating it now because before it was hard to finish it before it got icky.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Those greens bags really work
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I just noticed I wrote hoe:laugh: :laugh: I'll look into a green bag if I lose any of this one!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    LOL, we all knew what you meant.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I just noticed I wrote hoe:laugh: :laugh: I'll look into a green bag if I lose any of this one!

I was going to tell you that hoochies actually do a better job.:smokin:

But what do I know?:ohwell: