I wasn't sure if I was going to break through...

Options
ninamm3
ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
I just want to thank the people at My Fitness Pal for helping me set and achieve my healthy goals. At the beginning of this year, I had determined I was going to lose 30 pounds before my 30th birthday. I joined Weight Watchers in February only to find myself at a plateau just a couple months in. Frustrated with the stand still in my progress, I wasn't sure if I was going to break through. On an afternoon while waiting on my kids at the library, I came across a magazine article which featured a woman who had lost weight and tracked using your site. I immediately looked it up! I found the site and the phone application to be extremely easy to use and began logging my food and exercise. I fell in love with running at the same time and began training for my first Half Marathon. Using MFP allowed me to be smart and make wise decisions through my training. Viewing the nutritional information was important in tracking protein, carbs, and calories. As time went on, I continued to lose weight and told everyone I knew about this spectacular new site. My 30th birthday came and I had reached my goal of 30 pounds off! I went from a snug 14 to a size 10. The very next month, I finished my Half Marathon -The Detroit Free Press.

I'm still losing weight and MFP is one of the best tools in my bag. I just tried on my first pair of size 8 jeans and I'm now down almost 40 pounds! When people ask me how I'm doing it, I love to share how My Fitness Pal has been a huge part of my success. I began blogging about my journey as well as sharing healthy tips on my blog www.runningsforthebirds.blogspot.com. I encourage all of my readers to use MFP!

THANK YOU!

Your faithful user,

Replies

• denise3085
    denise3085 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great success story!
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and running the half marathon!! I am new to MFP and reading posts like yours are inspirational. Thank you for sharing
  • countrymom1
    countrymom1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I am running a 10K tomorrow morning. I ran this same 10K seven years ago ... and came in last place, but, hey, I finished! I'm planning on not being last tomorrow! haha! You are an inspiration! Way to go!
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I did the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon too! I was on pace to beat my time by like 20 minutes. But I ended up hurting my knee. I had to walk 4 miles. I now need a brace when I run because of it.

Congrats on the accomplishments : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!