ROUGH NITE--OVER MY CAL

Options
Ok so I did really bad last nite with my calories and now Im beating myself up about it!
Anyone ever do this?

Replies

• jadimasi79
    jadimasi79 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think we have all done this for one reason or another. The important thing is to forgive yourself and get right back on track.
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    One bad day, once in a while, does not hurt an otherwise healthy eating lifestye, stop beating your self up today is a new day!
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't look back...Look forward! Look forward to the NEW you! You can't change the past so let it go and learn from it. Good Luck!
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you didnt gain weight in one day and you wont undo any weight loss in one......... take it one day at a time!
    youve got this!!!!!!!! just being aware of what you did is a big step, think back to before you ever counted calories or when you first started and were amazed how bad some things were for you....... i know i had days where i was eating 2500-4000 calories like it was NOTHING! How far over your calories were you?
  • Lozzielol
    Options
    Yes, we absolutely do! Just pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and carry on. Don't kick yourself over it, its in the past and there isn't much can be done about it other than get on with eating clean and exercising well. I hope you get back on track and feel better about it. We all make mistakes now and then. :):flowerforyou:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!!! Lol. My meds I take at night make me starving which make this worse. I was doing it a lot and getting really frustrated so have thrown everything unhealthy out of my house!!! Being aware of it and wanting to change it is half the battle won. At one time you probably wouldn't have thought about it. It really is just one day. Every day has to be a fresh start and just compare it to what you used to be like and how far you have come and be proud of yourself no angry that you had one bad night. You got this! This is a long hard journey, its for life and part of life is we slip up now and then. No big deal as long as you get back on it as soon as you can x
  • Slw2688
    Options
    I was over by 755 :sad:

I just kept eating.....!!!!!! Im going to try and not let it bother me but this morning Im jus upset about it
  • pwkennedy
    pwkennedy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Putting this into context, it takes 3500 calories to lose or gain one pound in weight. If you're on the 'lose a pound a week' regime recommended for most people, your calorie target will be 500 per day below your metabolic requirement. So, in practice your 755 calories over your target is probably only 255 over your weight maintenance total. No big deal. As others have rightly pointed out, one day will not make or break any diet.
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I cheated last week.. and it really seemed to kick my metabolism up a notch.. Don't fret.. You will rock it anyways!
  • Slw2688
    Options
    THNX U GUYS I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    THNX U GUYS I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER

Really glad you feel better! x