Suggestion fo exercise?

Options
I have been mostly running and cycling for the past 6 months and have lost nearly 3 stones. I am resting from running due to a sore leg so was dependent on cycling for quality exercise. However, I was knocked off my bike yesterday and have a very bruised hand so that's not an option for a while. What can I do as a replacement? Or should I just take a few days break?

Replies

• chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it would be ok with your leg, but can you somehow use a crosstrainer? Or a stationary bike where you don't have to use your hands to hold on to?
  • paul_draper
    paul_draper Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Huh! I've just noticed the topic title. My hand is worse tahn I thought!:laugh:
  • paul_draper
    Options
    Ooh yes, I do have a stationary bike.Thank you! Good thinking, Batman!:flowerforyou:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi Paul_draper, maybe you should take a break for a while and after your body get heal, add other workouts to your routine, so you want get bored.
  • chrissi_k
    Options
    If you don't want to take a break try to do some exercises for your legs back home where you don't have to use your hand at all and did you see a doctor?
  • paul_draper
    Options
    I got my hand x-rayed and there was nothing broken. I will see the doctor if it's still sore in a day or so but I don't think I'll get any more advice than I got from the nurse in A&E.
  • chrissi_k
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon.
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    I would suggest resting and healing, but if you can't go for days without exercise, try Yoga - Hot Yoga (or Bikram) is brilliant for burning calories!

It's fairly gentle, no strain, although you do sweat buckets, and you feel so relaxed but energised at the same time.