I have started licking my....

Tiana405
Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
edited October 5 in Food and Nutrition
plate KUH-LEAN!!!! Keeping myself to 1200 calories, I find myself licking bowls, plates, utensils, etc. til I could prooooobably put them back in the cabinets and people would think they were just out of the dishwasher. That's disgusting... wouldn't do it... just making that clear to the handful of "literals" who wanna tell me facts about the human mouth, germs, and what not. Also, just making a point that if I'm on 1200 calories... I'm gonna GET all those calories! Anyone else finding themselves doing this?

Replies

• bett_boop
    bett_boop Posts: 89 Member
    YES! i always check I'm getting the biggest slice in the pack too, and make sure the spoon is definitely full etc.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    I'm not trying to preach to you, but you sound hungry. I did 1200 cals for a while and thought I was gonna die. I do 1800 now, enjoy food, and I'm still losing. I weigh more than you, but 1200 might not be your best friend if you are licking plates and bowls. Girl EAT!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    So funny. Ummmm.....I have done that with those smart ones weight watchers meals! lol We're pathetic arent we! lol : )
  • jstevensjr
    jstevensjr Posts: 5 Member
    Let us NOT forget to push are self away from the table this long weekend, do not over eat or eat until your stomach is so HEAVY that you have to rock yourself to stand up....
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Are you really that hungry? My suggestion.. if it goes a few weeks and you're STILL super hungry perhaps you should eat a little more permanently? Otherwise.. your body will adjust and your stomach will shrink and depending on what you're eating you can be full on less than 1200.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    I'm not trying to preach to you, but you sound hungry. I did 1200 cals for a while and thought I was gonna die. I do 1800 now, enjoy food, and I'm still losing. I weigh more than you, but 1200 might not be your best friend if you are licking plates and bowls. Girl EAT!

this^^^^^
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    lol!!!! i'm on 1200 too but do some form of exercise everyday so i can eat a little more. i think i found myself really hungry when i started, but i think that was more the fact that i wasnt eating things like bread/pasta etc. I'm totally used to it now and find it hard to eat more than that as i get stuffed so easily
  • You should definitely always eat when you are hungry hun. They key is portion control.
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    I was doing that for a long time so I added protein shakes to my diet when I am hungry. They are 150 calories but I CAN NOT finish my meal if I have one an hour or half hour before my meal. Its been a life savor and I have enjoyed finding new ways to make them.
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    LOL!!! I so feel what you are saying. I am not on 1200 calories but the limited amount that I am giving myself, I find that I am trying to get every single bite lick and taste from it. Hopefully no one will see you doing this during Thanksgiving dinner LoL! I do have a question though that might help me out. What is your strategy for Thanksgiving dinner? I plan to workout during that day and stay on track with my meals as usual but all that great food is going to be so tempting... Any Suggestions:smile:
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member

this^^^^^

agreed. or if you wanna eat more food just work out a little more. 1200 should be about the bare minimum. I always feel hungry when I eat only 1200 calories!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Probably a good sign that you should be eating more than 1200 calories
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    LOL!!! I so feel what you are saying. I am not on 1200 calories but the limited amount that I am giving myself, I find that I am trying to get every single bite lick and taste from it. Hopefully no one will see you doing this during Thanksgiving dinner LoL! I do have a question though that might help me out. What is your strategy for Thanksgiving dinner? I plan to workout during that day and stay on track with my meals as usual but all that great food is going to be so tempting... Any Suggestions:smile:

save all your calories for the one meal ;) hahaha no thats setting yourself up for failure. eat REALLY slowly so you get full faster, don't deprive yourself and just enjoy the food! =) try your best to stay away from things like the rolls (unless thats your favorite) and fill up on more wholesome, hearty foods like the turkey or tofurkey if you're boring like myself =)
  • Tiana405
    YES! i always check I'm getting the biggest slice in the pack too, and make sure the spoon is definitely full etc.

LOL! :laugh:
  • Tiana405
    I'm definitely not starving or hungry. I eat at LEAST 5 times a day and if I workout, I eat back my exercise calories. Prolly shoulda put that in from the get go. Sorry for any confusion. NO STARVATION MODE HERE! I'm a bottomless pit, but have been successful at staying in my caloric range! Was just making a point that I'm going to get all the calories I have to and find myself licking stuff clean. The End. :happy:
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member

^^^^^ I second this!!!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    I'm definitely not starving or hungry. I eat at LEAST 5 times a day and if I workout, I eat back my exercise calories. Prolly shoulda put that in from the get go. Sorry for any confusion. NO STARVATION MODE HERE! I'm a bottomless pit, but have been successful at staying in my caloric range! Was just making a point that I'm going to get all the calories I have to and find myself licking stuff clean. The End. :happy:

I used to be just like that. I've always been a tiny thing, the one accused of having a hollow leg, or a tape worm, eating meals that looked like they should be for someone 3 times my size. Food never goes to waste when I'm around. But that was thanks to an incredibly healthy metabolism that has never been damaged by dieting. I still have the healthy metabolism (I know, "boo, hiss"). The only thing that's changed is now I have a dog, and I find myself purposely leaving significant amounts of (dog safe) food on my plate just for her. I even make bigger meals, just so there's enough to share. You could make the same comment about the dishes going back in the cupboard after she's cleaned them instead of me. No, I don't really do that either, but sometimes I feel like when I'm doing dishes, all I'm doing is washing off dog spit.
  • Tiana405

I used to be just like that. I've always been a tiny thing, the one accused of having a hollow leg, or a tape worm, eating meals that looked like they should be for someone 3 times my size. Food never goes to waste when I'm around. But that was thanks to an incredibly healthy metabolism that has never been damaged by dieting. I still have the healthy metabolism (I know, "boo, hiss"). The only thing that's changed is now I have a dog, and I find myself purposely leaving significant amounts of (dog safe) food on my plate just for her. I even make bigger meals, just so there's enough to share. You could make the same comment about the dishes going back in the cupboard after she's cleaned them instead of me. No, I don't really do that either, but sometimes I feel like when I'm doing dishes, all I'm doing is washing off dog spit.

I love dogs! Getting my new boxer puppy in a couple weeks! Can't wait! My eating habits and what I do for exercise may be changing quite a bit! Your dog and I should have a contest to see who can like a cleaner plate! Should be a close one! ha!
  • bett_boop
    bett_boop Posts: 89 Member
    I don't think there is actually anything wrong with savoring every last morsel of food... also, speaking only for myself of course, i am actually ok with being hungry, i don't really feel it on 1200cals, but i'm pretty small so perhaps I don't need as many!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    I think it's healthy to feel hungry on occasion, both literally and figuratively. Stress is how we evolve.
  • I do it with ice cream, smoothies (fine, scrape the glass with a spoon, not entirely licking), when baking cakes and when SO makes a certain fish recipe. The last one I think is insane until I'm eating it. Then I'm all "OMG this is the best food ever, can't we eat this all day every day? Soo delicious... Nomnomnom". A dinner with three ingredients should not give that effect.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Yes
This discussion has been closed.