Ripped in 30~what weights do you use?

Options
Today I completed Week 1 day 3 of Ripped in 30. Prior to this I did about 6 months of weight training and since July I've done free weights off and on. I used the 5 lb dumbbell on day 1, day 2 I went up to 8 because some of the exercises seemed too easy with that weight. After day 2 I was quite sore and it was hard getting through some of the exercises with that weight. Today I went back to 5 lb and again it was too easy. Just curious or wondering what weight I really should be using.

Replies

• peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    for me I use 3lb, 5lb and 8lb. I just keep them handy and know for me and my strength when to switch it up.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    When I did it seariously I'd use a combination of 3lb and 5lb weights. I eventually just used the 5lb. Now I do it once in awhile I used 3 lb.

I think the 5lb weights are reasonable to use. Not too heavy, not too light. :)
  • lilybug13
    Options
    I use 5lb, but then again I consider myself pretty weak...
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    3lb and 5lb.

I've just completed W1 of RI30, which immediately followed 30DS.
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you are most comfortable with. You can always use the 5 pound weights and increase your intensity by doing more reps that she is doing in the video. I completed the 30 DS last week, increasing every 10 days to the next level. The pounds that you are lifting are not as important as how high you get your heart rate...so just work at increasing that heart rate.
  • amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks that helps a lot!!!! I'll focus more on reps then on weight. Thanks!!!!