exercise and travel

Options
I'm wondering what people do, when there is no gym available for workouts, I'm taking my rollerblades on holidays with me, because there's some great roads that I can skate down, I can't run, I have a bad knee, there's no hills or stairs that I know of, and laps in the pool will be next to impossible, since I don't swim, i'm also taking my exercise bands with me, cause I can get a dcent muscle workout with them, but i'm wondering if anyone else has had this situation come up..and how did you do for cardio? I don't want walking, cause that's a given, I would like some higher intensity cardio.

Replies

• fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering what people do, when there is no gym available for workouts, I'm taking my rollerblades on holidays with me, because there's some great roads that I can skate down, I can't run, I have a bad knee, there's no hills or stairs that I know of, and laps in the pool will be next to impossible, since I don't swim, i'm also taking my exercise bands with me, cause I can get a dcent muscle workout with them, but i'm wondering if anyone else has had this situation come up..and how did you do for cardio? I don't want walking, cause that's a given, I would like some higher intensity cardio.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You could run in the pool (shallow end). It increases intensity and will lessen the blow on your knees! Most hotels have stairs, so you could walk up stairs. If you are going to the beach speed walking in the fluffy white sand (instead of the packed sand) is a good workout. Pushups, situps, and squats can be done anywhere.

Good luck!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Is there a DVD player in the room? Could you take a video along?:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again