Help!! Another 30 day shred question

Options
From what I understand, the intention is to do the 30 day shred every other day, along with other cardio on those off days. However, if I do that, it is going to take me forever to get done, or even get to the next level. I want to do this 5 days per week (monday through friday).
I hear you need to let your muscles heal and have a rest day. I plan on doing another Jillian video when I am done with this one, so I will be doing something completely different. I just don't want to stall my progress by doing this every day. I also don't want to wait forever for my results.
The way I would like to do this is Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days, Level 3 for 10 days. This would be with the weekend off in between.
Thank you for any comments/help you may offer.

Replies

• Well that's what I'm going to do - I start tomorrow - I'll be doing the shred Tuesday-Sat and having Sunday and Mondays off then starting again =D

Good luck! Don't forget to take before photos and measurements =D
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did it for 34 days with 3 days off when I didn't have time to fit it in. I did get sore knees in the beginning but only for a few days, I had no issues with muscle soreness. I am now doing her Blast Fat Boost Metabolism DVD and although it is hard, I know I can only do it because I did the 30DS! If I hadn't have done the shred, I doubt I could do even half of this DVD!!! Good luck, whatever you decide!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This is how I am currently doing my 30DS and C25K training. I alternate days with only Sunday off so I don't do C25K on MWF and 30DS on TThS, my days for each exercise varies.

It seems to work for me so far.

Yes it will take me longer than the "30 days" but I'm completely ok with that.

I couldn't handle Jillian every day without doing damage to my tv screen.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Bump....I just started and would like to see the answers on this.
  • susanmax
    Options
    You have to be careful doing it everyday! Your muscles do need a day in between to rest. You risk injuries by not let the muscles rest. You can still do cardio on the off days but the video incorporates strength training so the muscles need the break to repair themselves.
  • QuirkyMii00
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred Monday and true I'm sore but I can tell that its working. I'm going to make a video diary to keep up with my progress also. I think once I start seeing results I will be more motivated to stay on track. I am also on a 1300 calorie intake too. Have fun! Chow!

Jennifer
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have done 14 days so far with 3 days off.
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Very helpful post!!!
    A few months ago I tried to start an exercise routine again and failed. But Jillians 30 Day Shred is one of the things I was doing.. I thought you were supposed to do it everyday and it almost killed me at first.. I also found it hard to stay motivated doing the same thing everyday.. For some reason, I didn't even think to do it every OTHER day omgosh lol.
    Another one of her DVDs though that I absolutely love and would suggest is her Yoga Meltdown dvd.. Fantastic workout!!
    Maybe I ought to try this again, it was definitely a great workout.
  • joysyear
    joysyear Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred today is day 6 for me and I'll take tomorrow (thanksgiving off) and start back up again. I didn't realize that you needed to take time off to let your muscles recover. I'm still on level 1 though. Good Luck
  • Cbcarter08
    Cbcarter08 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started on Nov 1st and did 10 days of Level 1 without a break. Then I read that I should have been taking a break so I took a day off and started Level 2 and did that for 10 days with 2 days off. I've never had a six pack before but yesterday, which was the first day of Level 3, there it was. So I only took 3 days off during the first 2 levels and I'm seeing awesome results! I did however add in 45 minutes of run/walk intervals on my treadmill every other day after the shred workout.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I am just doing it as often as I am able. The first day I did it, I was in pain for the next 3 days and couldn't do it again. The second time I did it (4 days after the first), I felt GREAT the next day and went ahead and did it again. And again the next day. Then twice in a row for my 4th time. Then twice in a row the next day for my 5th time. Once I got past that first 3 days break where my muscles were asking me 'WTH did you just do that!?', I haven't needed a break since. I did the first one on the 15th, too the 16th-18th off from the shred, did it once on the 19th, once on the 20th, twice on the 21st and twice on the 22nd. The days that I'm doing it twice I'm still counting as only 1 day, and I tend to modify some things the second time around (like the high-impact stuff, my knees can't take doing those things twice in a row). But it's more interesting than walking on the treadmill for a half hour so I just go for it. LOL Some days I do the treadmill in addition to the shred. Just depends on how much food I want to eat that day. LMAO Today is supposed to be my day 6 but I'm not sure if I'm going to get a chance to do it today or tomorrow due to travelling to see family. I'm taking my DVD and weights with me just in case, but I very well may end up with a couple of rest days. I also have a hunch that when it comes time to start Level 2 it might kick my butt again like Level 1 did the first time, so I may take some rest again in Level 2, it all depends on how I feel. You have to listen to your body so you don't injure yourself. If you get hurt, it's going to take a lot longer to complete the program than if you allow a rest day here and there. :-)
  • jenergy_20
    Options
    Bump