Weight Question

Options
I'm 24 years old 206 pounds and my height is 5'6. My goal weight is 160 pounds. So I have about 46 more pounds to go. I would like to know if thats a good weight goal for my age and height? Because I see a lot off memebers on here around my height and age trying to get to 130 pounds. But let me not forget to say I'm a African American girl with curves and I'm very toned to be at 206 pounds. At 206 pounds I wear a size 13-14 in clothes and my goal is to get in a size 10 clothes. Just wondering what you guys think???

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    That definitely sounds realistic. Like you said, having muscle and being curvy will make a HUGE difference. I'm 23, 5'7, just shy of 170 and wear a size 8. I lift a lot and am very strong and I'm a bit more curvy as well. Honestly though, just go by how you feel. You might feel great at 180 or, you might hit 160 and still want to drop a little lower to get the physique you want. But, this is a healthy weight.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Try making a size 10 the primary goal instead of worrying about the number...I thought I had to be 136 to be a size 6. I'm 155 and I'm a size 6- 8.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and started at 234 in January. My goal was originally 160 but adjusted it down to 154, which is the upper limit of a healthy BMI. I plan on gettting there and holding for awhile to see how I feel. If when I hit that, I decide I can go further, I will, but I want to get to that healthy BMI first. If you are wearing size 13-14 now, I would think you would be at size 10 at 160.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Set your goal, and then when you get there you can always re-assess if you think it isn't the right weight for you.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started at 237. My goal is 150-155, but if I can get into the 160's, I think I'll be satisfied. Speaking strictly of height & weight proportionality, if that's a word, for a woman of our height, our goal weight is between 120-159 depending on if you are a small, medium, or large frame. I will never weigh 120 and I have accepted that, but a goal in the 150's and 160's is a great goal! Best of luck to you!
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 5'10 and my goal weight is 165 pounds. I have 16 more pounds to go to get there. I think that 160 is a good weight for you especially if you want to keep your curves. I would suggest that the closer that you get to your goal, you do a
    re-evaluation. Base things off of how you look and feel! If you're satisfied with how you look at that weight go into maintenance mode. If not..... keep grinding!!! lol
    Feel free to send me a friend request. We're in this together. Best of luck!! :)
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Here's a great episode from my favorite podcast that discusses some ways to determine YOUR ideal goal weight.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2009/10/fat-2-fit-76-your-ideal-weight