So thanksgiving tomorrow...

Options
How are you guys going to deal with all the food and people looking at you if you don't eat??
AHHHH!
I need tips!!!

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Turkey, Ham low on calories.. Cabbage, String Beans, Broccoli, one piece of pie cake and un sweet tea, I'm good to go.. OPS small amount of dressing...
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    I AM GOING TO EAT IT. And get back on track Friday!
  • LauraLouFace
    LauraLouFace Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Personally I am okay with allowing myself one day to not worry about calories - BUT I am going to stick with smaller portion sizes, not go back for seconds, go easy on the desserts, and most importantly - I am going to get in a hardcore workout that day!
  • mom2tru
    Options
    I set my mom's expectations ahead of time so she is not pestering me to eat the whole day. We try some low cal options, but for the most part it's not making the whole day about food. Getting up and moving, playing wii and kinect, going for a fall hike. Don't punish yourself, but don't get too off track...nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    I am going to eat all of it and not worry about calories tomorrow. My deal with my wife was to go do a 5k in the morning so I don't have to worry about counting calories at dinner.

Fair trade right? Lol!
  • sandrahover
    sandrahover Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Personally I am okay with allowing myself one day to not worry about calories - BUT I am going to stick with smaller portion sizes, not go back for seconds, go easy on the desserts, and most importantly - I am going to get in a hardcore workout that day!

Good plan! :smile:
  • kmboffice88
    Options
    Just remember that most of the food is probably stuff that you already know what they taste like, so are they REALLY worth it?! I'd say go for a half plate of veggies (preferably steamed), one starch, and 5-6 oz of protein. I am going to make sure I do a small workout before hand, too, and allow myself two small or one large dessert item. :) Hoping to stay under 1000 calories for the meal w/ the 200+ calorie workout included!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    How are you guys going to deal with all the food and people looking at you if you don't eat??
    AHHHH!
    I need tips!!!

The people looking at me will be doing so in shock, when they see the ridiculousness of total food destruction.

Nothing will be counted, and no restraint will be used.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am not going to stress myself out over Thanksgiving. I consider tomorrow a free day. I will eat and drink whatever I like and then i will be right back on my diet exercise routine on Friday. I may gain a pound or 2 but I know I will lose that and much more over the coming months. Life's too short so I don't stress over the small stuff!

BTW, I plan to do the same thing on Christmas. If I gain 1 or 2 lbs on TDay and Christmas but continue to lose 1.5 - 2 lbs per week as I have been then it is not a big deal to me. Others may disagree but this is my plan.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I will assault Thanksgiving dinner like a virgin nymphomaniac.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to wake up early, work out, and then eat! I'm going to try to make good... well, okay... choices while eating, but I doubt I'm going to bother logging it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    For the love of everything good in the world, PLEASE just enjoy it and be grateful that you have a lovely feast to share with friends and family.
  • push
    push Posts: 9
    Options
    Eat, small meals and snack. It will keep you full and stop you from overeating. Why wouldn't you eat?
    I've learned the hard way---stop dieting and start eating. :-)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    For the love of everything good in the world, PLEASE just enjoy it and be grateful that you have a lovely feast to share with friends and family.

Great post =)
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat and track it! I am running a 10k in the morning so I am not really worried about the day.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make that turkey and stuffing my bitch.  And I'm going to cover them both in gravy and yell at the sweet potato casserole "WHO IS YOUR DADDY?!"  And I'm going to wash it all down with wine and beer.  And then before bed I'm going to have a gin martini as a digestif.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

^ This exactly!!!!!!!!! Jeez it's one frigging meal! Eat, Enjoy! Friday back on track!
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I worked out 4 days this week and earned around 1174 calories (that I didn't already eat back on those days). I'm figuring that will give me a cushion for Thanksgiving dinner, but I'm not too sure how to log my food, so I probably won't. Is anyone planning to log their food?
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    AHHHH!
    I need tips!!!

The people looking at me will be doing so in shock, when they see the ridiculousness of total food destruction.

Nothing will be counted, and no restraint will be used.

If I looked like you I would have the same attitude....
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    :love: for MissKortney