Looking for support and friends! :)

Options
Hi, I'm new to this website. My name is Alyssa, I'd be glad for some friends on here, maybe we can motivate and support each other on this weight loss/fitness/healthiness journey, or whatever your goals are for yourself. I let myself stop exercising and eating healthy once I got to college and it showed me just how quickly and destructively a person can gain weight. I went from 134 my senior year to two and a half years later and I am now 198. My highest point at the end of October was 204 lbs. I hadn't weighed myself in over a year and once I found out I was over 200 I knew I had to change something, and fast! So far throughout the month of November, I've lost 6 lbs, but I've got a long way to go. I've been eating pretty healthy and fewer calories, but with full time school and 30 hours a week of work it is hard to find a lot of time to workout. I've been managing to get around 2 days a week of exercise but wish it could be more around 4 or 5 at least. Anyway, add me as a friend if you'd like. I wish you all luck and happiness! Thanks! :D

Replies

• LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hello Alyssa - welcome! This site has worked well for me. All the best to you on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • RhondaMillard
    Options
    Hi Alyssa, :)

I'm just staring on my journey too, feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome this is a great site
    feel free to add me:)
    congrats on your 6lbs!
    good luck!
  • ARMom8251
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. I joined this site a year ago and I was about 200 when I started, it was a very big wake up call to step on the scales and see that number! My goal is about the same as yours is, with the exception I am only a little 20 pounds away from my goal. I have had set backs and fell off the wagon, but I always come back. I havent done to bad, but I do my best with the help of this site, so I hope you use it to its fullest. It really does help, and the people are AMAZING!! Feel free to add me if you like and we can do this together!
  • Coryant
    Options
    Hi I'm Maria, I'm just starting on the site as well. I think it will be helpful, my doctor suggested the site. 25 lbs to go, would like to lose 30. Good luck!
  • ninamm3
    ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I've lost almost 40 pounds using MFP! My favorite place to share my stories, encourage others, and share info I learn as I go as on my blog www.runningsforthebirds.blogspot.com

Feel free to add me and visit!