In need of some friends to keep me on track

Options
I lost 45# with help from a great program sponsored by Alberta Health. At that point they decided I'd lost as much as possible and sent me on my way. I maintained for several months, then fell and ripped open my thumb and tore intercostal muscles, which sidelined me from exercise for over a month. During that month I discovered that I am an emotional eater - just not the emotions I thought were the ones OTHER people ate in response to. I eat when I'm bored, tired and in the aftermath of stress. I was bored, not sleeping well (pain'll do that) and stressed by both the pain and not being able to exercise for so long. Result - I gained back 10 pounds. sigh...

I'm hopeful that I can lose more than the Drs said I could, but first I need to get rid of this 10 pounds. I lost the first 25# with lifestyle changes, and the next 20 by following a strict 1500 calorie a day diet and having to hand in my food journal every few weeks. Since I was expecting to have bariatric surgery I was super motivated to be a poster child, so my journal was a thing of (honest) beauty. In fact, I was so good that I made myself too healthy to qualify for the surgery. (le sigh)

So - here I am, knowing what to do, but not having any outside pressure, which makes it way too easy to decide to stick to my diet tomorrow... Help?

Replies

• tdoerr2
    Options
    Hi Kelly, I am 50 and have about 150 pounds to lose. Please feel free to add me.

Tina
  • ANGRU39
    Options
    HI Kelly,

I'm new to this site but feel your pain, I have recently lost 40 lb and want to lose another 45-50. You can still be that poster child and I will gladly encourage you!!
  • boomchickylala
    Options
    Hi Kelly, I too am an emotional eater and have lost and gained all my life. I'm here looking to change my lifestyle to rid myself of guilty, emotional eating... please add me if you would like. Ang..
  • WausauMom
    WausauMom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly, I call myself a bored eater...I work in an office setting so it's hard to not snack while working unless I'm really super busy which is not often. Maybe post your food diary on here, I noticed some do that so it might help you be that poster child again. Feel free to add me since I definitely can use inspiration as well. Thanks and Good Luck!
  • momof2kidz0306
    Options
    Hi , I am the same way I eat when bored or stressed out . I am a diabetic , with pcos I am 28 years old I HAVE TO KIDS AND A HUSBAND . We would like to have another baby but doctor is saying not till I lose weight . Cause I am overweight. And he is right . I would like to be friends , I am new and it would help if I had someone to help keep me on track as well . momof2kidz0306 is my user name . GOOD LUCK to everyone :flowerforyou:
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly, I'm a bored eater, emotional eater, just plain eater...lol I've lost 66 lbs and have 35+ to go. I've found the more people you surround yourself with the better so feel free to add me if you'd like. Linda
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm needing to lose about 50 pounds myself. I'll add you - we can help each other out!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi kelly, I have been a yo-yoer most of my adult life and I will be 55 next month.
  • peggyj49
    peggyj49 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to learn that most of the time when I want to eat I am not hungry. I eat for everything : bored, stressed, happy, sad, you name it .Now I eat lots of protein so I do not really get hungry and try to keep to my calorie count down. I am learning what I can eat more of without going over my calorie , sugar, and fat limits.Read labels .Commerical diet foods are not for me. They are too expensive and then I will not be eating them the rest of my life. I am trying to make healthy eating habits that will last me the rest of my life. You have done such a great job so far. You really are a star for the rest of us to see. You inspire me. Losing weight is not easy for anyone,but when I get on the scale and I have lost another pound I get so excited and motivated to lose another one.