Not worried about tomorrow, I'm worried about tonight!! HELP

Options
Biggest Thanksgiving tradition in my town is to go to a certain bar and just get hammered... well I have been loving my weight loss and wish I could avoid the place all together but my husbands band is playing and I am going to go watch. Recently I have been avoiding alcohol because I know it can halt weight loss or in my case makes me gain, because I can't help but drink too much and binge on all kinds of food.

My biggest motivator is my scale, it seems that everytime I step on the scale it goes down, just a little and that is an amazing feeling. I am going to keep that in mind when I am out tonight, but I know there will be tons of peer pressure to get me to drink. Please help me through tonight with some tips, mocktails, motivation... anything will be appreciated.

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    For me, a diet drink in a cocktail glass, with a straw and a wedge of lemon makes me FEEL like I'm participating, even if it's a ZERO calorie beverage!
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    straight booze is better then beer or drinks with a ton of sugar
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    drnk slowly and have a 2-3 drink maximum :) I LOVE BEER and HYPNOTIC so i have to watch it carefully LOL
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Have a glass of water with each drink. DON"T drink anything with soda (coke, etc). Me? I am a whiskey drinker, not many calories there. Soda water with lime is ok and looks like a drink.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    cranberry and soda works well too.

for low cal, club soda and vodka with lime wedge.
  • level99
    Options
    Forget about the "zero" and nasty artificial drinks that heavily marketed as "diet". Drink water, it looks like vodka :)
    Have a glass of wine (that you can sip for a long time) and enjoy life or 1-2 shots of hard liquor.
    Have a 1-2 drinks vs. getting hammered of 10.

You won't gain weight of partying for 1 night as long as you stick to your decisions to eat healthy & exercise for the rest of the time.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Honestly, make sure you have had your meal with plenty of water BEFORE going... when you get there, allow yourself a couple drinks... You wont have much room for it as it is....

I factor in either two beers, or two margaritas into my daily intake. I only drink maybe twice per week... and it hasnt hurt my weight loss at all...

Just make wise choices for yourself and pre-plan ahead...
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you haven't been drinking for a while and losing weight you will probably find you are a very cheap date anyway!! Have a drink or two and then change to something 'good' if you feel like having another later then you can! Try drinking some light beer, liqour or wine try to avoid all the sugary cocktails and coolers! Part of your journey is learning to balance the weight loss with living!!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    If you haven't been drinking for a while and losing weight you will probably find you are a very cheap date anyway!! Have a drink or two and then change to something 'good' if you feel like having another later then you can! Try drinking some light beer, liqour or wine try to avoid all the sugary cocktails and coolers! Part of your journey is learning to balance the weight loss with living!!

I love a good wine-spritzer with White Zinfandel wine and soda-water... fresh slice of lemon and lime... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Sip Slllooowwwwly... if your friends and family are anything like mine, all you need is a drink in your hand and they leave you be :) They don't need to know whether it is your first or fifth :)
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I posted a blog similar to this earlier today, same idea, a dive bar we usually go to get drunk and have a good time. I am going to limit my drinks to two or three like someone said earlier. See if the bar has any Bud Select 55 on hand. I also burned calories like a mad man earlier today in preparation for tonight and tomorrow. I plan on running tomorrow morning to kill off any alcohol indulgence I do tonight. Another thing I use to do when I gave up the booze for a few months a few years back and get a tonic with a lime, looks just like a gin and tonic, luckily my buddies never pressured me to consume the alcohol, and totally supported me. Here's a pic of last Thanksgiving

KaraokeFatPic.jpg

Here's a pic from this Thanksgiving or at least almost Thanksgiving

jayphotodown170-1.jpg

The thing I am trying to figure out is, where will my confidence come from now that I won't be outrageously drunk to steal the mic from the guy singing Ice, Ice, Baby
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I posted a blog similar to this earlier today, same idea, a dive bar we usually go to get drunk and have a good time. I am going to limit my drinks to two or three like someone said earlier. See if the bar has any Bud Select 55 on hand. I also burned calories like a mad man earlier today in preparation for tonight and tomorrow. I plan on running tomorrow morning to kill off any alcohol indulgence I do tonight. Another thing I use to do when I gave up the booze for a few months a few years back and get a tonic with a lime, looks just like a gin and tonic, luckily my buddies never pressured me to consume the alcohol, and totally supported me. Here's a pic of last Thanksgiving

KaraokeFatPic.jpg

Here's a pic from this Thanksgiving or at least almost Thanksgiving

damn...nice work man! how much did you lose?!

jayphotodown170-1.jpg

The thing I am trying to figure out is, where will my confidence come from now that I won't be outrageously drunk to steal the mic from the guy singing Ice, Ice, Baby
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh I feel your pain!! When I feel the pressure I just buy my own drinks and drink diet pop aand a wedge of lime, like the op said. No one will know the difference unless you tell them.........unless you're typically a beer drinker. Then I don't know, drink light beer and dance, dance, dance :) And believe me, they will eventually just accept the fact that you don't drink much anymore. It may take a few times but someday they won't even notice anymore.
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I usually drink bacardi rum (lots of differnt flavors to choose from) with sprite zero. I also know a girl who drinks vodka and diet coke. Also since it is liquor and not a beer, you probably wont drink as many.... hope this helps :)

We have a friend coming to visit us for the holiday and we all used to drink together before we moved to GA and had a baby....He has already text messaged me to let me know he got 2 handles of booze!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    173 lbs so far another 20 to go