Fitness DVD recommendations please

Hi Guys.
I was reading a thread on here the other morning and read a reply from someone talking about the fantastic work strengthening your transversal abdominal muscles does. I read the entire reply and what they said made complete sense.
I have looked into sites with exercises to do but I know I will not do them. So I thought I would look for a DVD. So my first question is... do any of you guys know of a DVD or DVDs that strengthen your transversal abdominal muscles as a bulk? Second question is do any of you guys know of a good pilates dvd for beginners that actually is for beginners.I already have 10 min solutions pilates, and 10 min solutions pilates on the ball. I have looked at 10 min solution pilates for beginners and the review says it is too fast for beginners so that will be no good. I was not able to do the two dvds as I was completely useless at it. I need pilates for idiots or something as I am clueless when it comes to it!!! LOL

Replies

• musphis
    musphis Posts: 1 Member
    I highly recomend the Insanity work out. It is really tough at first (had to do the first month's workouts twice before moving on), but it will make you feel great and get good visable results without any equipment (exception is a heart rate monitor, for a great website for heartrate to calories burned conversion just hit me back). If you don't like the insanity challenge, my friends like to post about body rock exercises on facebook all the time. Good luck to you and great job on the weight loss.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    I recommend Jillian Michaels's 30-Day Shred which combines strength training, cardio and ab exercises. There are three different types of progressive workouts: Level 1, 2. and 3. It is a 20 minute workout which require weights. Though it is a 20 minute workout, you are really working for those 20 minutes. The first three days are challenging; however, by the end of the week you will notice a change in your endurance and body.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    I recommend Jillian Michaels's 30-Day Shred which combines strength training, cardio and ab exercises. There are three different types of progressive workouts: Level 1, 2. and 3. It is a 20 minute workout which require weights. Though it is a 20 minute workout, you are really working for those 20 minutes. The first three days are challenging; however, by the end of the week you will notice a change in your endurance and body.

I 2nd the reccomendation!! ;)
  • I already have 30 day shred. I found it a little boring though. I should really give it another go I suppose but would like to try something new. Is insanity expensive? Is it available in the UK?
  • bump
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    have you tried all the levels of 30 day shred?
  • I tried Jillian's 30 day shred once a long time ago and didn't like it so much. Although it was SO long ago I can't remember why! BUT I do recommend her "ripped in 30" DVD. In all honesty I'm not religious about it. I usually do it when I can't get to the gym or decide to work from home. There's 4 levels and I stick to the first one. It's a very good 25 min workout! You'll need weights though.
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Hemalayaa: Bollywood Burn - or anything else in her series.

Bags of fun - as the title suggests, its a Bollywood dance workout. It is pretty intensive though, does work your abs and legs, I was knackered and sweating like a pig even after the 15 minute "warm-up"! :laugh:

There's some Yoga type moves in there as well, which is quite handy.
  • pilates for beginners? What is Jillian's six pack one like?
  • BUMP
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Rushfit. It's the bees knees. Google it.
  • Beachbody just released a new series called Revabs. Not sure how good it is, but its designed to give you that six pack you wanted. I got my six pack doing P90X, but from what I have read, I don't know if that is what you are really after. Regardless of what workout you go with, you're going to have to eat right to get the results you really want. You can get the strongest abs in the world but if you have fat in the way you will never see them. Abs start in the kitchen and are perfected in the gym.