Walking on the Treadmill Question???

Options
When I was logging my exercise I couldn't find treadmill - does walking on a treadmill burn more calories than just walking?
I walked at a fast pace and raised it up also. Just wondering - help please.....

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Just select the appropriate speed under "Walking" or "Running" in the database - there are also some "uphill" options for when you've raised the incline on the treadmill.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    look under walking. I use treadmill all the time, I don't recall, maybe I added it myself to my exercises (that is an option too).
  • lisacandoit1965
    lisacandoit1965 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just use walking at the closest speed I walked . It lets you put the actual calories burned if your treadmill tracks that. Mine does...I start out at 4 miles an hour and go all the way up to 6 miles an hour by the end and have it at a 10 incline the whole while and I burned 965 calories today!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I enter my weight into the treadmill and use the calories it estimates, since it knows my pace and incline.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Do you have a HRM? If you do, you can input how much time and how many calories burned.....
    I use Stair-treadmill ergometer, general

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys!!! Appreciate it.
  • Jambe
    Jambe Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you change the grade on your treadmill to at least 1. Usually they start at 0, and 1 is closer to actually running outside :) The calories will be more accurate.
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanx - will do!