Boys Vs Girls...no fair

Options
At the risk of sounding like a whiner, how come it is so much easier for guys to lose weight than girls. Yes, I know they weigh more, and more muscles, thus they will burn more calories in a shorter amount of time. I get (just a tad) annoyed when you get some guy losing 100 lbs in 5 months and I am working my butt off to lose 10 lbs in 4 month. :tongue:

Replies

• JULIEISCRAZY
    Options
    I AM VERY FAT MAN!!!!!111
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I think the theory is that women store extra because we're the ones who lug the babies around for nine months. Starvation and pregnancy really don't go well together, so we get the joy of extra fat and less muscle.

Yay us.

Blech. I agree, I'm whining right there with you. Men are lucky.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    because we spend too much time in the kitchen making sandwiches
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options

I thought I would never find you. <33 lol.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I think the theory is that women store extra because we're the ones who lug the babies around for nine months. Starvation and pregnancy really don't go well together, so we get the joy of extra fat and less muscle.

Yay us.

Blech. I agree, I'm whining right there with you. Men are lucky.

Damn hormones
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    MMMMMmmm....I need a sandwich. :bigsmile:
  • saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    Options

lol
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding like a whiner, how come it is so much easier for guys to lose weight than girls. Yes, I know they weigh more, and more muscles, thus they will burn more calories in a shorter amount of time. I get (just a tad) annoyed when you get some guy losing 100 lbs in 5 months and I am working my butt off to lose 10 lbs in 4 month. :tongue:

Well, I would think that staying in the kithen all day must be difficult. All the food just right there, tempting you. Maybe you could do more ironing, or vacuuming? Cleaning counts as excersize.
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Just turn a negative into a positive ... at least we don't have any danger of thinking with the wrong heads. :wink:
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Probably the hormone difference. The more muscle you carry the faster your metabolism. And we have more testosterone to do so.
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    You ladies have much cuter butts to work off. Just sayin'.
  • rochey1098
    Options

Too funny
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

I thought I would never find you. <33 lol.

ahahahaha
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Testoserone....now, go make me a sandwich
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

don't forget mustard on the sammy...and my cold beer as well! thanks....
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I hear you!!!

After having kids I had like 70 pounds to lose. My husband dieted with me and lost 40 pounds easily in no time without feeling hungry, blah blah blah and got to his goal. It took me 3 years of struggling to get to pre-pregnancy weight. I wanted to punch him in the face! haha.

oh and he's making me a sandwich right now. Yeah, I wear the pants. haha
  • 1234IWORKOUT5678
    Options
    It is no fair! But rather be chubby my whole life then live in a world with out babies!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I agree with you on this, I'm down 173 lbs and my wife 123 lbs, but percentage wise we are pretty close +/= 5 percent and only recently when I started working out more ferociously did I overtake her.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Just turn a negative into a positive ... at least we don't have any danger of thinking with the wrong heads. :wink:

haha, this is too funny!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

Well, I would think that staying in the kithen all day must be difficult. All the food just right there, tempting you. Maybe you could do more ironing, or vacuuming? Cleaning counts as excersize.

This is fantastic and a great idea, why doesn't MFP have a like button