clothes NSV

Options
ay I finally caved and bought me some pants, (couldn't go to family reunion tomorrow looking baggy). I was up to having to buy 26/28 and I got some without elastic size 22/24. I had tried on some black jeans size 20 that fit the other day but I wanted something nicer for tomorrow. Anyway my problem is my waist is smaller than my top stomach and when I get pants to fit my waist I have muffin top:-( but if I get pants that fit my upper stomach they slide down to my waist and I sag. Has anyone else had this problem is so what do you do.

Replies

• kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the pants...that is super exciting!!!
  • mommosskinny
    Options
    There are two options to solve the problem of how your pants are fitting. One is to keep trying on different brands of jeans until you find one that fits properly. Different brands are to fit a cut different "fit models" who represents the clients they are catering too. Some are fit to a "hourglass" shape. Others are cut to fit what's call a "boyish" shape (more of a straight up and down through the rib cage, waist & thighs with little change). Others, need what it sounds like you need, which is a "short rise" it means that no matter what your weight, compared to the majority of the population you are short between your waist and your crotch. I know because I started at size 24 and have lost 80 pounds and now wear an 8 and yet needed "short rise" slacks at every size. If you want to stick with the jeans you have already found, buy the ones that fit everywhere but your waist and have them taken up to fit your waist. Fortunately, jeans are the easiest and the cheapest of ladies' pants to alter because they have a seam at the center back so it only takes pinning and a straight seam the top of the waistband tapering to nothig about 3-4" below the waistline. By the way, I know all of this because I used to teach clothing construction and do alterations out of my own shop years ago. Hope this helps those of you out there who are frustrated finding jeans to fit.
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have always worn my pants at my waist which is my belly button. The pants fit great every where I just have the muffin top to deal with. I love the feel from waist down no bag no sag. They are not pinching my waist or anything they are the right length for my short legs since I got petite it is just the stupid top stomach that hangs over some.
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing going on. I am thinking about buying sewing machine.