Holiday Weight Loss

Options
Hello Everyone,

My goal is to lose 8 pounds by Dec 31 and I would appreciate some tips on how to reach this goal.

Thanks

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. It's all math.
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My goal is to lose 8 pounds by Dec 31 and I would appreciate some tips on how to reach this goal.

Thanks

Don't bring leftovers home from big family meals! If you're cooking, send them home with other people. That way you can indulge a little on the actual holiday and aren't tempted to finish off the leftovers in the days following the holidays.

Good luck!
  • katielynn46
    katielynn46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to eat more as well as moving more. I lost my first 12 lbs by eating more and not adding any exercise. I wasnt eating enough in a day before i started my fitness pal. Now i eat more and exercise more and i have lost 36.4lbs. With eating more i had to still eat better. For example i had to cut out alot of extra salt and sugar and i had to eat more protein.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    cut down the carbs/ fat and stay in your cal goal. Increase protein and fiber . Exercise. I got to lose 10 lb until Christmas. Dare you!:)
  • briggsl23
    Options
    Try to stick to a diet that is more protein, veggies and fruit, & whole wheats and of course lots and lots of water. Workout atleast 5-6 days a week, burning atleast 3500 calories a week, should give you a 2pd loss per week.. depending on your calorie goal, and you most likely will lose more than 8 pounds.. best wishes to ya!!
  • jforferris01
    jforferris01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Duct tape your mouth shut so you cant eat anything...just kidding...everyone above me is right...try to eat a big salad before you go for the food too...that always helps me...good luck...
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    My goal is to lose 6 pounds before Saturday 17th December and my weights stuck.... Help!!!! Only 24 days to go.......
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Add some HIIT training to your exercise routine.