Embracing my/your pear shape

Options
2»

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    i am just starting to have a pear shape (and proud to be!) i was very apple shaped when i first started in feb.

Very big congrats! That's a great achievement!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have only (this year) began to accept my pear shape. I've always hidden my figure.
    Thighs are the first place I gain weight and the last place I lose from.
    I have the ability to make flattering A-line skirts and dresses however I'd love to wear a pair of skinny jeans.....not going to happen.
    Most jeans gape at the back of the waist and look terrible.
    We're all different, I feel lucky that I can gain muscle easily and have strong legs to carry me.
    I would love to open a clothing store for us pear shaped ladies with flattering styles.
    I'd shop there!

Actually, if you do some looking around, there are more and more stores which are selling jeans and pants in fits for us "curvy" women. They are one size smaller in the waist than the hips so there's no, or little, back gap. I personally own at least a dozen pairs from Eddie Bauer (Curvy Jeans and Blakely Fit pants and trousers) and have seen them at Target and Levi's and I know there have been other stores mentioned in these forums, too.

To the OP's original question, I've embraced my pear shape years ago, although I'm not entirely a traditional pear due to large shoulders and ribcage (thanks, Dad!) I've always had trouble finding pants which fit my hips and thighs while still being small enough to fit my waist. I gave up on skinny jeans years ago!
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I wear what looks best for my shape, as you can see I am wearing apple bottoms in the picture. lol. I love skinny jeans and leggings because they show it off more. I grew up wanting to have a bigger booty and thighs because that is what I thought was sexy, so I am a little upset that I don't have more.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    You should try the Levi's Curve ID jeans. They have different cuts based on butt size. :)

Also, the number one tip I can offer id find a tailor. It is tricky to find clothing when you are a pear, but you can always get that adjusted. Macy's and Nordstorm's have onsite tailors, and many dry cleaners can do simple tailoring as well. You can always buy pants or whatever that fit in the hips and get the waist taken in.

One thing I love about being a pear: you always have room in the waist even if you gain a bit in your clothing. :P