933cal in 100g of ham?

Options
i bought some ham from the supermarket (in the deli section) and was so hungry today after my workout i ate the whole 100g (i need to find fast protein rich snacks - might buy some protein shake tomorrow) - then logged it, it came to 933cal! does this sound right? it was already logged in by another member, but the nutritional information on the sticker seemed right with what they logged - most other ham i purchased has been 150-200cal at the most per 100g - this was leg ham, 98% fat free.

Replies

• AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That seems insane! A 100g apple is 52 calories.... so I don't imagine that ham is that much more calorie dense. I'd search out other calories and look for something more accurate.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yikes. I don't think so. I would be more worried about sodium than cals with ham... either way, I would try to find a ham with nutrition ON the label.
  • Crissy_jo
    Crissy_jo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound right to me. If it was Oscar Mayer 98% fat free Deli shaved ham it would only be about 100 calories. What does it have listed for fat content, etc?
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    if it were 1kg of ham, I'd understand, but 100g, yeah I don't think so.
  • phatoldwoman
    Options
    That can't be right! 100 grams of lean ham is 110 calories. :noway:
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Umm.. can't be right. 100g of chicken has roughly 150 calories.
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    if it were 1kg of ham, I'd understand, but 100g, yeah I don't think so.

thats what i was thinking - maybe they added a few zeros.
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ok so i found some other ham that is the same but 93 cals per 100g - obviously the supermarket has made a mistake...i should ring them up :grumble:
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    933 is not right for 100g hahaha

Make sure you entered the right portion size. The other day I went to change the portion size of some cheese from a portion of "1" to a portion of "0.65" and somehow messed it up and it said I had eaten like 23,000 cals worth of cheese... yeah... I fixed that really quickly! lol
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    ok so i found some other ham that is the same but 93 cals per 100g - obviously the supermarket has made a mistake...i should ring them up :grumble:

I would as a Grocery store and yes these mistakes can happen when labeling the products, Did you get it from a chain store? They might have their information right online.
  • 123Kate
    123Kate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    looks like it might have been a typo by whoever entered the details into the system, being 93cal and they accidentally did the 3 twice. yeah id ring them and make them aware