can someone pls help me??

Options
i have been doing mfp now since early JANUARY, i ve done great until like the past week i keep backsliding and eating over my 1200 calories.. i get to the point i feel like i just have to eat to feel full....a basic day for me is as follows:

breakfast -slim fast (sometimes i alternate oatmeal /cream of wheat and 1/2 grapefruit
then a light snack or two before lunch

sensible lunch

snack

slim fast or dinner (sensible)

ok but im trying not to eat dinner at night i do a slim fast but sometimes that just doesnt cut it... i feel like im starving ........

Replies

• SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    i have been doing mfp now since early JANUARY, i ve done great until like the past week i keep backsliding and eating over my 1200 calories.. i get to the point i feel like i just have to eat to feel full....a basic day for me is as follows:

breakfast -slim fast (sometimes i alternate oatmeal /cream of wheat and 1/2 grapefruit

sensible lunch

snack

ok but im trying not to eat dinner at night i do a slim fast but sometimes that just doesnt cut it... i feel like im starving ........
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

sensible lunch

snack

I'd feel like I'm starving too. I eat about 1400 calories a day, then extra from exercising. I have a couple threads out there that tells what I ate that day, then several other people have posted their meals also. the thing with slim fast is that (I don't think) it's not very filling and you would be better off eating something solid with the same calories. Like eggs that would keep you full longer.
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    ok maybe i should try that, thanks im already hungry and i had a slim fast about 40 minutes ago, do you have any suggestions for high fiber/ filling snacks to carry me through the day?
  • jsmccloy
    jsmccloy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow. . .it doesn't sound like that adds up to 1200 calories and you're starving yourself. No wonder you're hungry! I would say to make sure you drink lots and lots and lots of water, and also exercise so you can earn more calories and eat more. There's another topic open in which folks are talking about foods that fill them up:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/40373-filling-foods
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    My day for 1200 cals is

Breakfast 1 cup Kashi Autmn Wheat, ( I don't drink the milk) and my coffee w/splenda OR an egg and cheese wrap-(laughing cow cheese is good!)

lunch a sandwich on Sara Lee 45 cal 100% wheat w/ a serv size of sun chips or whole grain gold fish, or a lean cusine pizza, sometimes some sort of wrap on a whole wheat tortilla.

Snack ( don't usually have one but the Fiber one bars are AWESOME! Very filling!

Then I eat nothing but lean meats, and different side items, I cut out butter, and use low fat or skim milk to cook with. And watch my serv size.
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options

sensible lunch

snack

When I used to drink slim fast, I just wanted to slap someone I was so hungry. It's not very filling. I agree with Anna, eat something solid. I like the Sara Lee 45 calorie bread, toasted, with a slice of laughing cow cheese on top. It is yummy and only 80 calories or so.
    Pam
  • expressbug
    Options
    I would be starving too. Me personally, I can not eat the same things everyday for every meal. I need to change it up everyday.

For Breakfast I love...

Frosted Mini Weat - Very Filling
    Vanilla Lowfat yogurt with Special K Choco Cereal Mixed it
    Fruit

Lunch

Normally have Leftovers or some sort with Fruit

Snacks

Fruit
    Granola Bar
    100 Calorie Popcorn

Dinner

I cook a dinner normal stuff
    Spagetti
    Chicken / Rice
    Hamburger Helper
    Lots of Veggies

But I measure everything and make sure Im have just a serving size.

I never really feel hungry and I eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. Hope this helps and have a great day.
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    thanks so much im going to check out that link now!
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    thanks girl! i think im getting on the right track! but i just feel sooo hungry some times more than others!
  • csantos1182
    Options
    how much water are you drinking? Do you eat quickly?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I eat all day. But I keep healthy snacks in my desk like almonds and craisins. Fiber One bars are a great source of Fiber and very filling, I love the Oats and Caramel ones, they taste like Oatmeal, butterscotch cookies.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Instead of Slimfast I drink the Naked protein smoothies. They are sooooo good! They are made with all natural fruits and whey and soy protein. No added junk! They keep me full almost all day....sometimes when I am busy and not paying attention I skip lunch. I know that is not good, but that just goes to show you how filling they are! :wink:
  • genabug
    Options
    thanks girl! i think im getting on the right track! but i just feel sooo hungry some times more than others!

Try the Fiber one bars, you'll really enjoy them, and they are alot more filling then slim fast. I personally really like the oat and chocolate for 140 cals! Good luck, it takes practice and determination, but you can do it!
  • genabug
    Options
    Instead of Slimfast I drink the Naked protein smoothies. They are sooooo good! They are made with all natural fruits and whey and soy protein. No added junk! They keep me full almost all day....sometimes when I am busy and not paying attention I skip lunch. I know that is not good, but that just goes to show you how filling they are! :wink:

Where do you find those?
  • marisa0918
    Options
    I did slimfast at first and it did nothting for me. I switched to drinking a scoop of whey protein mixed with milk and it worked better for me. The extra protein actually kept me feeling fuller longer. Now I usually drink 2 shakes a day. My first one is after my morning workout mixed with milk then I drink one later in the day mixed with water for a snack....of course I am on a higher protein diet
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I don't think slim fast is filling either. I think you need your fruits and vegees in your diet. I also think that your body will go into starvation mode and keep the fats to sustain it if you aren't satisfying the hunger craiving. Calories need to be counted but you need to feed them to your body in a way that makes it feel satisfied. :smile: Ask yourself: "Is this a diet I can continue to eat to maintain my weight?":flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Here is yesterday for me - typical day, lots of meals and snacks, all satisfying, but never over filling. I feel like I eat all day! And an hour after each meal, I chug a large amount of green tea or water, and I rarely feel hungry.

Give you body some grains and veggies to digest, and you will feel more full (Slim Fast feels like water to your body!).

B: buckwheat brown rice cake with peanut butter, cup of coffee with cream (180 cals)
    S: hummus with celery & carrots (150 cals)
    L: whole wheat wrap with chicken, lots of veggies, olives, ranch dressing (420 cals)
    S: Apple slices with sprinkled cinnamon & cinnamon herbal tea (70 cals)
    D: pork souvlaki skewers, tzatziki dip, 1/2 whole wheat garlic pita, broccoli (440 cals)
    S: light popcorn & diet coke (100 cals)

1360 calories and very satisfying!
    :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Eat more dense foods.
    Slim fast IS just liquid.

Maybe eating more fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc.
    More substance that way....