YOUR best weight loss quotes...

Options

Replies

• emtgirl14
    emtgirl14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    "There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results. " - Art Turock

“If you want something bad enough, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.”

Can you tell I hate excuses? :happy:
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    Not really a weight loss quote but:
    "Running is a pain in the *kitten*,but it sure gives me a nice one"
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm the difference between impossible and possible
    Don't kick the treadmill (My dad's quote. He means it's better to look at is as you WANT to do it or GET to do it than you HAVE to do it)
    Don't drink your calories (a promotion to drink more water rather than juices and sports drinks/save your calories for good food)
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    A change from unhealthy habits to healthy habits will yield extraordinary results
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Every day is a blank canvas, how will you paint yours? (Told to me by MFP member UKJessi).

Feel the fear and do it anyway.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” - Lance Armstrng!

This is definitely a quote that motivates me to keep my butt in check at the gym!
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    So this isn't really a quote that has been written anywhere, but these are some things that I tell myself while I'm out running:
    -- What a great day it is and how nice it is to be outside
    -- How thankful I am to live in a neighborhood with sidewalks that are safe enough to run around on
    -- How amazing it is that I have two strong legs, two stable knees, two solid feet, that carry me around as fast as I can go
    -- Plus a cardiovascular system that supports me while I run - plus all day long!
    -- There are people who cannot physically run, but who would love to if they could. If I don't take advantage of my ability to move, I'm in no better position than they are.
  • dlmadeja
    dlmadeja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    "My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today" -I tell myself this so I will take everything day by day and not get discouraged. After all how hard is it to follow something for one day ;D
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    Nothing is impossible, even the word itself says "I'm possible" - Audrey Hepburn.
  • dlmadeja
    dlmadeja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    "Today is a new day with no mistakes in it"
  • Wan2LoseLbs
    Wan2LoseLbs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I saw a good one on some Facebook page:

Sweat is fat crying.

Love this one :laugh:
  • emilyc19
    emilyc19 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    "If it is important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse"- unknown
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    "It's your ATTITUDE not your APTITUDE that determines your ALTITUDE"

I love that one:love:
    I tried to explain that so many times in another context, very very good one
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When you want, you can
    Enjoying the journey is the only way to keep on the efforts tomorrow
    For success consider only what is in your sphere of action (spending hours thinking about and trying to change what you can not change will not make you move a step forward; it is like a salesman who think about the bad advertising of his product...so what? Think how to sell it today instead of finding excuses not to do so)
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    My favorite quote is:
    1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

I will run the race of weight loss and I will SUCCEED!!!:flowerforyou:
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    "It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop." -- Confucius

Admittedly this comes from Tumblr's customize page. Heh.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Fail to plan, plan to fail
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    My favorite quote is:
    1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

I will run the race of weight loss and I will SUCCEED!!!:flowerforyou:

Ok, there are some GREAT quotes on here, many I've told myself, but this one is amazing to me. Thanks for posting it!!!

Since I've gotten healthier and thankfully skinnier, I've had days when I just don't want to run or be good and I keep telling myself that I will not mess up all the hard work I put in this year... FINISH the run... NOT the plate of cookies!!!! One or two are fine... geesh!
  • Wishtobethinagain
    Options
    Bump <3