Taking the "Naughty" dish to the feast!

Options
I know, I know....most health peeps tell ya "take a dish that's 'safe' to your holiday gatherings". BUT, this time I'm taking a dish that's decadent. I can eat "safe" at home any time. Even the turkey dinner (where I'm going) won't be THAT dangerous. I decided to make a gingerbread- lemony white chocolate-cranberry-compote-topped trifle....something if I had to make and NOT share, I'd be sure to over eat. Now, I get the joy of sharing it, eating a portion, and not have it hanging around the house haunting me to eat more!

I'l also likely go for a run. I share my journey on my blog www.runningsforthebirds.blogspot.com

Feel free to visit me there or on my FB page -Running's for the Birds.

I'm always excited to get new FR on MFP too!

Enjoy your THANKSGIVING!....and eat something naughty!

Replies

• muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Girl, eat all the naughty you want tomorrow cuz the next day you know you'll be right back at your post eating like you should!!! lol
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I made a pumpple cake. The recipe says it's 1800 calories a slice. It's a pumpkin pie baked into a chocolate cake for the bottom layer, then an apple pie baked into a vanilla cake for the top layer, all covered in buttercream frosting.

101025-cake-hmed-8agrid-6x2.jpg
  • inthebetween
    Options
    pumpple cake wins every time.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I made a pumpple cake. The recipe says it's 1800 calories a slice. It's a pumpkin pie baked into a chocolate cake for the bottom layer, then an apple pie baked into a vanilla cake for the top layer, all covered in buttercream frosting.

OMG!!
    The trifle sounds awesome too!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options

*thud*

I would dive into this cake and eat my way out! Seriously I have heard of these cakes, but have never met one in real life. That looks SO good. Diet would be damned if someone showed up at my house with that *hint hint*
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    That cake would make my T-Day :)
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options

OMG!!! I Want!!!!!!
  • Mirror_Image
    Options
    Holy Mother of Pearl...
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    I figure for Thanksgiving, it's Go Big, or Go Home :)

One day of excess won't derail a complete shift in attitude and actions.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter pie in a chocolate cake -- two layers of that....with a layer of chocolate pudding in the middle and iced with real whipped cream frosting....I may attempt to make that!
    I don't know about the pumpple -- although it would go great with a Turducken, I suppose....
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    So I didn't eat any of the cake, but it was gone by the end of the night, and everyone raved over it. So I guess it was a hit!
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Oh No! I shouldn't have looked at this post, now I want a bit of everything. The cake looks awesome and the trifle sounds amazing!

Hope you enjoyed your desserts and had a great Thanksgiving :happy: