Dont we burn Calories lifting??

Options
This maybe a stupid question and maybe Im reading things wrong but when dont we burn calories when lifting weights? I dont see any calories burned for that in my exercise diary.....just wondering??

Replies

• DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Log it under cardio, not strength.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    there is a strength training exercise under cardio that you can use if you want a calorie burn.

There are too many variables for them to give us one on the weigt-lifting section itself, from how many reps with how many weights to intensity and rest etc.

That said yes lifting burns calories, lifting is contracting muscles which just by using them you're burning calories.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It's under strength training. In Cardio
  • Honest_Sandy
    Options
    Under cardio, there is strength training/weight lifting. Add your minutes there for estimated calories burned. Use strength training to keep track of the weighs/reps/sets.
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    wear a heart rate monitor and it will tell you how many calories you burn while you lift then use the cardio section to log in the cals (adjust minutes as needed to track the actual calories). just make sure you have an accurate heart rate monitor. my polar FT4 is much more accurte than my old timex one.
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking that question - I have been wondering about it myself. :smile:
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you every one!!