NSV......But not about comments or clothing

woja9640
woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
edited October 5 in Success Stories
Ok, so I have been steadily losing weight since February of this year.

Because I do 75-90% of the cooking in the house, my parents have been eating healthier. And since I have been at this for so long, I ave slowly influencing them to eat and buy foods that are healthy, low cal, low carb and low sodium. I have also been on them about portion control as well

Well, it has finally paid off. My parents have started going back to the gym and got themselves a trainer who has been reinforcing what I have been helping them with and also telling them pretty much what I have been telling them.

So it's nice to see that my parent are following my lead. Especially since I have worked so hard to get where I am:

Started:
Height - 4' 6"
Weight - 170 (or there abouts)
BMI - 39.6
Body Fat % - Estimated above 50%
Measurements: Neck 15, waist 39, hips 47

Current:
Height - 4' 6"
Weight - 127.6
BMI - 30.1
Body Fat % - 35
Measurements: Neck 13, waist 33, hips 38.5

I can only hope that I continue to inspire my parents and that they will continue on this journey as well.

Replies

• Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    What a great feeling to not only be doing so well yourself, but inspiring others to live better as well. Congrats to you and keep up the good work!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    That is so wonderful! And congrats. :-)
  • Congratulations on everything you've accomplished. That is a wonderful way to inspire your parents to take better care of them selves.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Love this. The child becomes the parent. The student becomes the teacher. =)

Good for you for making this positive change affect all of you. Be proud. This is a mega NSV.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    such an awesome NSV
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    I know, and the best thing is since I have been really watching calories and salt, without my being there, when grocery shopping my parents are starting to check the labels on the processed food.

And while I hate being unemployed, I have been able to use that time to better my cooking skills, which my parents have been reaping the benefits of by the way LOL, and when my dad came home from work, my dad was all, "You know, it sucks that your unemployed but you were due for a break since you have been working and/or in school since you were a senior in high school. I love the fact you're home and cooking such great food."

I love being able to cook semi homemade and partially gourmet food for dinner.

For instance, yesterday I made salad and salmon for dinner. Today I made slow cooker bbq pulled pork, some frozen bagged vegetables (potatoes, green beans, asparagus, carrots) and pineapple. Let's just say that when my mom cooked we never ate like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!