Problem with Nutrient Goals

Options
I am having trouble with my carb/fat.protien goals. In the past, I just counted calories, but I have read that the nutrient ratio is just as important. Though I have been at or below my calorie limit every day, my ratios are always different. I usually eat a lot of vegetables and maybe some lean meat with lunch. I work two jobs, so I don't have a lot of time to calculate all of my meals a head of time, so does anyone have any ideas of how to easily ensure that I am eating not only a low calorie, but a BALANCED diet?

Replies

• JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Options
    I am having trouble with my carb/fat.protien goals. In the past, I just counted calories, but I have read that the nutrient ratio is just as important. Though I have been at or below my calorie limit every day, my ratios are always different. I usually eat a lot of vegetables and maybe some lean meat with lunch. I work two jobs, so I don't have a lot of time to calculate all of my meals a head of time, so does anyone have any ideas of how to easily ensure that I am eating not only a low calorie, but a BALANCED diet?
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    This is the rule of thumb I always go by. Always have some kind of lean protein with your carb and if you can, add some healthy fat.

I know it's not exact but it works. If you eat a piece of fruit have some almonds or low-fat string cheese as well.

The percentages do matter but the bottome line is the amount of calories you take in. If you are consious of including lean protein with every meal/snack then you'll be fine.