hrm: it took me longer to burn off less calories??

Options
I have a polar ft4 hrm. I am not sure why, but it took me longer today to burn off 420 calories then it did the last few days to burn off 500 on the treadmill? I am guessing its cause I just was not getting my heart rate up fast enough??

Replies

• claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    maybe the treadmill isn't accurate? I know mine isn't.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    You are getting healthier :D

When I first started Zumba, I had to take small breaks. My heart rate would skyrocket to 190-200 with hardly any effort *I thought* and my heart was just POUNDING. Now, my heart rate has trouble reaching 170 and I work my little booty off! Your body may also simply be adapting to the motions, so you could try doing a different cardio exercise for a bit.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Most likely you are just becoming fitter. Found the same thing over sumer with cycling, once id been at it a very short while my HRM was giving me much lower numbers.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    yeah your body adapts quite quickly i think, when doing the shred, the first 2 days i was burning 300+calories by the end of the first 10 i was down to around 150cals!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    you become fitter over time thus burn less. I agree with everyone. for an example I own a Polar FT40. 1 hr of walking in the past burned 1200-1400 calories. back then I weighed 400+ lbs. now that same 1 hr 300-350 calories. and I weight alot less now, 324 lbs. plus I am definitely more fit.
  • philblackett
    philblackett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Was it a pepper mill?
  • jenniferhiggins
    jenniferhiggins Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    claire_xox: this was on my hrm

polar ft4