I’m Thankful for my family, my friends, my health, and hit

Options
polar135
polar135 Posts: 319 Member
My Journey started back on April 1st. I had weight in at 229, couldn’t walk very well because I had come down with gout, and I decided I had to change.
I started here: July2010113.jpg
7-11-10UofM-1.jpg

My next few months looked like this-

I started to try to run. I couldn’t run fast but I did a little at a time, a block at a time for the first, (run a block walk a block), then 2 blocks, and I got better. I ended up setting out a work out plan that I would work out every other day.

Had a setback in May. I was working outside in my yard, bent over to grab something and I got a hernia! the good thing about losing weight is that I was getting healthy, but my fat was masking a issue I had for a while. I had surgery, and was sidelined from working out, but not with weight loss. After two weeks of recovery, I went back to work with the help of the myfitnesspal diet. During the 6 weeks of not being able to work out, I end up losing 9 pounds. I was hooked!

I grinded and found my way to a good balance of enjoying my life but staying healthy during the summer. I started to run races.

My first 5K- (Aug) first5k.jpg

After my first 5k- 2011-08-27110924.jpg

My 2nd 5k- 2nd5k.jpg

Me in Aug- 310785_2014772138043_1506021650_32062657_7558169_n.jpg

My 3rd 5k- (Oct)
Capture-2.jpg

My first 10K- (end of Oct)
Capture-3.jpg

Photo from that day: 10krun.jpg

And then today, I knew I was getting close to hitting my goal. I join a running group on MFP that helped me push my work outs to the next level for the last month. (check em out here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/402335-monday-november-21st-sunday-november-27th?page=3) and then I checked the scale. 170. I did it!

This is what my workouts looked like since i started:
milesphoto.jpg

And this is me today: 2011-11-23194310.jpg

I did it. I have other goals set up and I will hit those to. My kids now want to run with me and i am teaching them to be healthy. I would like to thank my wife for her support and to my friends on MFP for their support. I am a healthy person and it’s wonderful!

Good luck all! You can do it! (and I’m off to do a four mile run. Got to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner tonight!)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and happy thanksgiving.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are awesome. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!!
  • dragonladywendy
    Options
    How wonderfully inspiring! Well done and congratulations on being so successful! Happy Thanksgiving and may you always be healthy and happy!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yay......you did it!! and you did great!!!
    Congrats to you ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family....enjoy this day ;)
  • staroftheeast
    staroftheeast Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look amazingly health now. Thre little guy is cute.. Keep on keepin' on. Happy Thanksgiving.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I love your story!! You're such an inspiration!! WTG!!!
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    That is just so wonderful! Enjoy your holiday!!!
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are an inspiration!
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    OMG.. U look like a new person!!!!! n ur kids reallllly cute!! :) he stole d thunder from you in the pic :P
  • Ichbinceiling
    Options
    NICE WORK!!!!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    YEEEEE-HAAAAA! Way to go! Great times on your 5K! :happy:

I see you use RunKeeper too ... Add me to your Street Team if you'd like. My username is LeighD. (Same as MFP, but no underscore.)

Congratulations!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Wow...that's totally amazing. Congrats on your transformation. Keep up the great work :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!