Worst struggle....great food!!

Options
Days like today are a great struggle for me as for others also, Im sure. I honestly hate going to eat at other peoples houses. I am a food addict and have a very hard time not eating EVERYTHING that is put out in front of me. My brain does not want to tell me when to stop until it is to late! Im slowly training it but I am a very weak vessel at this point yet so I will try to come up with a game plan. I am going to bring some of my fitness magazines with me along with some weights. I am going to ask my family to be aware of my eating and to remind me that it may be too much. I am going to use a small plate rather than a large one and I am going to try eat mostly vegetables on that plate. And lastly, after everyone is done eating, I am going to book it outside and take a long walk while everyones putting the food away! Wish me luck everyone:)

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I ate a huge breakfast, I'm hoping that will keep me from demolishing everything on the table later on. Plus, well, I did wake up hungry...
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I find it hard to say no or stop too - but you are already in the right mind set if you are planning to eat lots of veg and take a good walk (it'll get you out of washing the dishes too, lol!). Remember to enjoy yourself too though, it is but one day out of 365!
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Drink 16 oz of water right before you fill your plate. Then make 1/2 your plate vegetables. Eat what you want on the other half- because it is Thanksgiving and you still have to allow yourself to enjoy some of the holiday cooking. Stick to your plan of a walk afterwards. You've got this!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Fix you a plate with your favorite foods. Don't go back for seconds. Help yourself to a small dessert if you want. (Pumpkin pie is relatively low in calories...if you want something richer just get a smaller piece.) It's only one day and you will be fine. Don't stress over it.
  • Starla91
    Options
    That sounds like a great plan! Let us know how you did.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    maybe distract yourself? sit away from the food, suggest a board game...