BMR question

Options
OK - so my BMR is 1,247 calories a day and I have a desk job (although 2 kids I run around with). My goal is to have a 500 calorie deficit every day. I get how to calculate excersise calories, but how do you know how many daily activiy calories to add onto your BMR?

Replies

• breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    OK - so my BMR is 1,247 calories a day and I have a desk job (although 2 kids I run around with). My goal is to have a 500 calorie deficit every day. I get how to calculate excersise calories, but how do you know how many daily activiy calories to add onto your BMR?
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    BMR is just the rest rate ...if you were to LAY around all day and do nothing. You don't add activities into that number. It's a BASE number to live and maintain.

I personally do not add things like...walking my laundry to the machine and putting them in. OR...taking out the trash. I only add a gym work out or sports I play to see how many exercise calories I can eat.
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I guess I was just wondering what kind of calories I naturally burn in a regular day without excersise.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I think when you put your age, weight, and life style (seditary or more) it all figures into it. One of the non-seditary examples is a nurse...they tend to walk around more. Or...construction worker...they move more and do heavy lifting.

I have a desk job. My calculation should just be a picture of my bu tt getting bigger! :laugh:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

I have a desk job. My calculation should just be a picture of my bu tt getting bigger! :laugh:

Haha! Me too!