Soooo Much Turkey

Options
Getting ready for dinner. I have 2 turkeys in the roaster. Just called my son and asked him to turn on his oven so I can do the pies. He tells me he has a turkey in the oven and another waiting when the first one gets done. This son usually brings ham. Guess I'll be eating turkey for awhile. Good thing I like turkey!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I would be having a FIELD DAY with all the awesome soups, pies, casseroles that could be made from the leftovers!!!! Ive already prepped my mirepoix for my Turkey vegetable soup!!! I cant freakin' wait!
  • seeled
    seeled Posts: 93
    Options
    I would be having a FIELD DAY with all the awesome soups, pies, casseroles that could be made from the leftovers!!!! Ive already prepped my mirepoix for my Turkey vegetable soup!!! I cant freakin' wait!

Can you email me some recipes for left over turkey?
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Can you email me some recipes for left over turkey?

Post them here then we all can share.
  • cramernh
    Options
    To be very honest, I dont follow recipes... working as a chef, we are so accustomed to building a flavor profile as we go...

My soup always has Mirepoix plus gahhhhhhlic, some of the leftover vegetables that were served at dinner, some freshly stewed tomatoes, in a rich turkey stock made from roasting the turkey bones (olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, fresh sage, thyme, rosemary)... I spend a good four to six hours making my soup....

I make the pies for my husband where he loves them so much... if you dont have time to make your own pie crusts, just grab the pillsbury ones at the store... This is where you can take some of your Turkey Vegetable soup - make a roux with butter and flour, OR, you can make a slurry with chilled turkey stock and cornstarch.... Thicken it to a very thick turkey-pie consistency.. pour into your pie shells, cover with the top crust, bake 350F for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a nice gorgeous golden brown on the crust.

Casseroles are just as easy too! Again, with the Turkey Vegetable Soup - thicken it with your thickener-choice... add some par-boiled potatoes, or add jumbo egg-noodle pasta, or even some wild-rice..... Sprinkle a variety of grated cheeses on top - bake at 350F covered for about 30 minutes... then remove the cover and allow the cheese to get all melty-gooey and lightly brown...

You can even turn that Casserole into a STRATTA using your leftover stuffing!!!!!!!!

Ideas are ENDLESS!!!!
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    YUM!!!! So many things to do with turkey!!!
  • cramernh
    Options
    YUM!!!! So many things to do with turkey!!!

...and thats not all!!!!

Turkey-Broccoli Tettrazini

Buffalo-and Bleu Turkey served with some of your leftovers for sides - make a nice bechamel, flavor it with the Bleu cheese (then this becomes a mornay sauce), add some gahhhlic and pepper... Use your favorite buffalo sauce and drizzle over the top of your turkey/cheese sauce, serve it with roasted vegetables, and fresh bread for sopping!!!!

Turkey Stroganoff served over buttered noodles...

Turkey Paprikash, a rich paprika sauce, sauerkraut, onions, peppers, potatoes.... this is my husband's FAVORITE!