cut out coffee?

Options
Has anyone cut coffee out of their daily routine?
Notice any diff?

I don't drink coffee on a daily basis (2 creams, 2 splenda's)

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I never cut it out completely, but would limit myself when I started my diet back in January to just one, always with a little skin and two splendas or stevia
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut it out, but if I did, I think there would be an increase in violent assaults in my city. I'm better off drinking it. :drinker:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I drink an obscene amount of coffee (3-10 cups a day). I got the bright idea to "detox my adrenals" and quit all caffeine and sugar for 4 months. Once the crippling headache subsided my life was absolutely no different.

So I am back to drinking coffee - black, because I love coffee.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Cut coffee???!!! Are you crazy or something???
    I would cut off my arm first.
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my doctor evil. I gave up diet sodas, but really my (sugary) coffee is the majority of my calories most days :/
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I don't cut out coffee but I drink it black with no sugar so I don't use up any calories.
  • whip67
    whip67 Posts: 32
    Options
    I drink coffee, diet drinks, eat whatever I want and stay at or below my calories. So far so good. I'll start focusing on the healthy part in ten more pounds or so.

11526266.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I will still be drinking coffee on my death bed. But if it's bad coffee or if it contains cream or sugar or syrups I will have a renewed lease on life as I curse out whoever brought that crap to me. :bigsmile:
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    No way, I drink 6-12 cups of black coffee throughout the day. I've never had any adverse side effects to speak of.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Never!! The only time I don't have coffee in the morning is when I'm sick. Otherwise, it's coffee with half and half for me.
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you use a lot of calories for your coffee. If you don't want to give up, then don't.

For me, I've already made the ultimate sacrifce with red wine (well, cutting back significantly). I can't handle another lose : )
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I changed up how I drink my coffee... because I REALLY like my coffee LIGHT AND VERY SWEET. That doesn't work if I want to eat food the rest of the day... so I have cut back on the amount of coffee I drink - now just 2 cups and I use 1 packet of Stevia in the raw (natural sweetener) and 1 TBSP. of Hazelnut creamer or just under a 1/4 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk (either Silk or Blue Diamond).

I can't pretend that I like it nearly the same, but I do prefer having coffee in the morning versus tea. I can drink hot tea black and I could switch, but I prefer not to take that route.

The bottom line is that you have to do what is right for you. I have tried to drink my coffee black... and so many people tell me that if I can stick to it for at least 3 weeks I'll never want it any other way - AND ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE ARE WRONG. I always want it light and sweet!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    If you are going to stop caffeine, wean yourself off gradually so you will avoid the withdrawal headaches.

I can't stop coffee. I'm from the Pacific NW. They would throw me out, and I like it here.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    NO! NEED COFFEE it's good for you :)

It's the extra, extra, extra, syrups and creams that are not.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I could never, ever cut coffee out of my diet.... I think I'm going to cry just thinking about it! I don't drink tons, but the coffee I do have is just such a pleasure... I just drink it with milk.

Nope. Couldn't cut it out. NEVER. EVER.

(I, too, cut out coffee once, and it made no difference, so I started to drink it again)
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i too drink black coffee and lots of it! but i make mine a little weaker so its not quite so much.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    6 cups (i.e. 6 * 250 ml) of black coffee a day,
    trying to mix in some green coffee in the afternoon as I dont sleep as well nowadays if I get coffee late in the day.
    It used to have no effect on my sleep, but since I lost weight, it somehow has more of an effect
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    ooooh there would be trouble if I didn't get my coffee each day!!

I only drink it either black, or with a little trim milk. I don't do syrups or sugar or whipped cream on top - blurgh!! If the coffee is good enough then you don't need all that other stuff in there
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I only drink decaf on the weekends.