Do I meet him?

Options
2»

Replies

• Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I went and met him tonite, almost had a heart attack in the process. I didnt stay long, but he told me I wasnt 'too fat' (this was the concern I told him about), that he thinks I'm cute and that he hopes I come over again. It was an okay meeting, and I was quite nervous, but I did it!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    That's awesome you got over your anxiety and met him!

By coming over did you go to his house first thing?? Be careful with that!! Sounds a bit sketchy if you were only able to stay a little bit?? I've never done the online dating thing but my parents both have and have had success. Their #1 rule is meet in a public place and drill the person to make sure you both are on the same page and not with hidden motives.

Sorry if I seem super paranoid! I am glad it worked out well otherwise.
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Going by your profile pictures you are certainly not 'too fat to be attractive'! I don't know how recent that photo of you in the
    In any case, getting to know someone online is good if you are a little lacking is confidence of your appearance as he can get to know you without the inevitable judgements that human nature forces us to make.
    Glad it went well but, as above, be careful where you meet the first couple of times.

I would also add, please be cautious as you get to know him. You clearly aren't very self-confident but don't fall into the trap of settling for someone because you think no one else will find you attractive. I have friends that have done that and ended up with total arseblankets.

It's a cliché so I will reword it: You need to appreciate your own awesomeness before unleashing it on others :)
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You need to appreciate your own awesomeness before unleashing it on others :)
    LOVE this!
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yes, I took a friend along and went by his place. He just bought it so he showed me around. I had somewhere to go after, so it was a ten minute meeting maybe. He knows I am looking for friends first and hopefully something comes from that if something is there. I just made my friend wait in the car for me and made sure people knew when we would be back. Im just happy with myself that I did something that scared me!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Glad you got the courage to do it. Good luck with whatever YOU decide your future to be!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Glad you got to meet him.

I wouldn't meet him anywhere other than in a busy public place.

His house would be off-limits to me for a while. You can't know someone until you spend quite a bit of time with them. Be careful.