What do i do?

Options
Ive been sticking to my diet and working out at the gym but i dont know how to track my progress because if i lose fat and put on muscle ill stay the same weight.... should i take measurements maybe? help!

Replies

• lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    track measurements and fat percentage and take lots of progress pictures! At a gym if you ask a trainer they will measure you fat percentage manually for free once a month or sometimes they have a scale that will measure it for you anytime :)
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I record my weight and BF% by the week. With those figures I'm able to determine the ratio of muscle/fat loss. Also, keeping a photo journal is really effective!
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi,

I am doing the same as you, trying to lose about 16lbs of fat and add about the same as lean muscle. I took a load of measurements, neck, arms, chest, waist and thighs.

This helps loads as the scales dont always move but my measurements have changed for the better, just dont get crazy and measure all the time, i do mine once a month but this is not set in stone as my clothes are getting tighter on my chest and loser on my waist so im happy. Good luck and add me if you like.

Scott
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Track your body fat percentage then. But please understand that gaining muscle is not as easy as you're making it sound. What are your goals? To gain muscle? If so you aren't eating at a 500-1000 cal deficit are you? Are you trying to lose fat/weight?
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Ive been sticking to my diet and working out at the gym but i dont know how to track my progress because if i lose fat and put on muscle ill stay the same weight.... should i take measurements maybe? help!

Look in the mirror adam and take photo's if you have digital camera with dates on its best way.
    Or you can buy calipers and do body fat percent. some cheap ones on ebay.

Put a different picture on too you look on a downer