Hooray for supportive employers!

Options
My employer is kicking-off a company sponsored walking event today. They will be giving participants pedometers to keep track of miles. We have our meeting in 30 minutes to find out all the details. I can't wait. They have measured our hall ways so we can track distances and be able to walk inside when the weather is yucky outside.

Replies

• buckifan97
    Options
    My employer is kicking-off a company sponsored walking event today. They will be giving participants pedometers to keep track of miles. We have our meeting in 30 minutes to find out all the details. I can't wait. They have measured our hall ways so we can track distances and be able to walk inside when the weather is yucky outside.
  • nursemeg21
    Options
    We have the same thing going on at our work also. Just started yesterday. It seems like a very good idea to get people more active. We are doing the challenge for 4 weeks. Good luck!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    we have something similar too. started 1/5/09. the top % losers and teams got MASSAGES after the first weigh in! im jealous. but it will be me next month - i was in the top 10 so that was cool! we are doing it for 3 months.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    My company is having a weight loss competition. Who ever losses the most gets a prize. We just started last week and 68 of us have already lost 98.5 pounds. I love the fact that my company is doing this.
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    that is awesome!! i work in a very small place, there are only 5 of us. I challenged them all to join me because they are all overweight and none of them wanted to!! One girl said she was happy being fat, another said she liked food to much, another said she couldn't because of her knees and the 4th said she would but never did!! Now, when I come to work with my water and my calorie counting portion control they all take notice lol!! They have even said I've lost weight! But, still none of them will join me!!
    That is so great that your job is taking a healthier stand!!:drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    This is awesome and motivating. At my last job, you could take three hours paid through out each week to work out. You could do this continuously for three months. You also had your BMI, weight, and the arm/leg pinchy thing done at the beginning and end. It was awesome. Working out while getting paid and you did not have to work longer hours! Yeah!

On another note, it is great that you are taking advantage of it! You GOOOOOO! :wink: