I GOT MY ELLIPTICAL!!!!!

Options
I'm so happy! I've wanted one for years! I finally broke down and got one. I can't wait for it to whip me into shape!

Replies

• TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I'm so happy! I've wanted one for years! I finally broke down and got one. I can't wait for it to whip me into shape!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you need to do the whipping...get on the puppy and whip it...whip it good (isnt that a song?)
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    Congrats! Happy working out! I love the elliptical! My knees don't hurt at all on it! :happy:
  • lobita44
    lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous...I have to go to the Y and fight everyone there to get on one!! :happy:
  • wannabeflaca
    Options
    YOUR GONNA LOVE IT! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I HAVE MINE, IT'S GREAT! I CAN WORK OUT ON MY OWN SCHEDULE, IT DOESN'T HURT MY KNEES AND YOU CAN BURN MORE CALORIES!
    I HAVE MINE IN THE BASEMENT IN FRONT OF THE TV. YESTERDAY I WATCHED BIGGEST LOSER WHILE I WAS ON IT.

GO GREEN!!!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    New? Used? I need to get one...
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I love mines ! It is the best ever!!! Enjoy it!
  • plumpgirl
    Options
    I am SO jealous! I have wanted one forever!!! Well done making the leap!:wink:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My sister wants to give me her old one. She does not use it, But I was wondering how you guys like yours.
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I got one at Walmart for $297 on sale. It's not the small, cheap one, but it didn't break the bank either. It's sturdy and it has a few preset workouts.
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous. :grumble: I'm getting mine as soon as my tax return comes back. :love:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have one- I love it, as well! It comes in handy when the weather is too bad to go to gym, when I'm on a tight schedule for the day, or just simply don't want to go anywhere! I can just hop on it and then straight to the shower. Love it, Love it!!!! Good luck to you on your new purchase! Let us know how you like it!
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I love it!! My legs dont like me for loving it right now. But 2 minutes on that thing and I'm SWEATING! It's great!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    trl - you just read my mind! I have PLENTY of them at the gym but I don't last very long on them so I tend to steer away from them..................I feel a bit better that two minutes had your legs burniing....I guess I just need to work up to it as I did with the bike and treadmill (I feel I am somewhat uncoordiated thus another reason for shying away). Everyone seems to like them so much, I must be missing out on something! Let me know how you're workin up or any others would be great to know so I'm not so intimidated.:blushing:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I love it!! My legs dont like me for loving it right now. But 2 minutes on that thing and I'm SWEATING! It's great!

Congratulations on your new toy! :bigsmile:

Soon those 2 minutes will turn into 5, then 10, then 20 and before you know it you'll be doing 45 minutes EASY on that thing! :wink: :
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    Right now I'm going for 7 but my legs are shaking like crazy when I'm done.
    I'm also very uncoordinated on it. I'm hoping that having one at home will get me the practice I need.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Lucky You. I love the elliptical I burn so many calories in such a short amount of time.

Kathy
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    you will get better really fast!! I promise, if I can do it YOU can!!

Funny story. A few years ago I joined a gym. I use the treadmill for cardio and was bored after a few months. I decided to try out the ellip machines because they were so popular.

So I jump on the 1st open ellip, and get it all set up. Weight, Age, Minutes (45 :laugh: ) and resistance.

Start it up and after 1 minute I am looking for the sirens and oxygen masks to fall from the sky.:noway: I did 2 minutes and got off.......mortified!! :ohwell:

But the next day I decided I wasnt a quitter so I would do 1 additional minute each day until I could do a 30 minute routine. :tongue:

Well on the 6th day I am on the very 1st machine. I am at around 5-6 minutes and I know I have 2-3 more to go to better myself, when a young studly dude stands in front of my machine, looks at me, looks at his watch and WAITS. Intimating, (to ME at least) this old fatty will be done before anyone else.

Of course he was right........but I could not let him know that. So I continued and did 45 minutes on that durn machine.

When I was done, I looked at him and smiled (I was red, and almost ready to pass out so it was likely a sneer!) and said " Bet you didnt think you'd have to wait THAT long huh?
    He said " Huh? I am waiting for my girlfriend!"

Motivation, folks, motivation!!

Good luck with your new toy!:drinker:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    you will get better really fast!! I promise, if I can do it YOU can!!

Funny story. A few years ago I joined a gym. I use the treadmill for cardio and was bored after a few months. I decided to try out the ellip machines because they were so popular.

So I jump on the 1st open ellip, and get it all set up. Weight, Age, Minutes (45 :laugh: ) and resistance.

Start it up and after 1 minute I am looking for the sirens and oxygen masks to fall from the sky.:noway: I did 2 minutes and got off.......mortified!! :ohwell:

But the next day I decided I wasnt a quitter so I would do 1 additional minute each day until I could do a 30 minute routine. :tongue:

Well on the 6th day I am on the very 1st machine. I am at around 5-6 minutes and I know I have 2-3 more to go to better myself, when a young studly dude stands in front of my machine, looks at me, looks at his watch and WAITS. Intimating, (to ME at least) this old fatty will be done before anyone else.

Of course he was right........but I could not let him know that. So I continued and did 45 minutes on that durn machine.

When I was done, I looked at him and smiled (I was red, and almost ready to pass out so it was likely a sneer!) and said " Bet you didnt think you'd have to wait THAT long huh?
    He said " Huh? I am waiting for my girlfriend!"

Motivation, folks, motivation!!

Good luck with your new toy!:drinker:

What an excellent story, my first exp mirrored yours but I put 30 min:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you would've thought the thing bit me I was mortified after 21/2 minutes:bigsmile:
  • lovechocolate
    Options
    I started on the ellitical at the beginning of January. My first few sessions I managed 12 mins at the lowest level and it nearly killed me!

Eight weeks on and I've just completed 40 mins at levels 5 up to 7. Just keep at it and you'll slowly progress. My aim is to manage 50 mins at level 10 within the next few months!!!

Listening to fun upbeat music helps to pass the time and I change my CD each time to stop me getting bored. :smokin: