Early Morning vs Late Evening ? When do you Excerise?

Options
I currently excerise (varies from 60 - 90 mins of running) at night time (around 7-9) and lately it has been raining alot! Damn Weather!

I try to go 5 out of 7 days a night but because of the weather im thinking of changing to day times but to be honest i woke up at 5am to do it only to fall back to sleep! lol

But im just wondering when does everyone find it best to excercise?

Also if you do run in the morning how soon after waking up???

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters when you exercise.

I am a night owl and refuse to wake up to go workout. Sorry, but I like to stay up late and sleep late. So, getting up early to workout? Well, it isn't happening. lol. I always workout later at night (heck, I'm known to be at the gym at midnight or later).

Workout when it is convenient for you. :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Exercise whenever it feels best for you.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Evening! I go to the gym after work from 6-8pm and if I can't sleep, I work out more during the night at home, lol. Evenings are just less hectic than the mornings are.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    For preference, mid morning - 9.30-11 ish.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I use exercise DVDs in the morning before work and also do some evening exercise classes (6-7 or 8-9). I think it just depends what suits your routine!
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. Not by choice though, I am a very busy person.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Usually sometimes between 2.30 and 5pm

I get up at 4.30am just to get to work on time, so I ain't exercising in the morning, and I'm not doing it at night, either. I need to sleep! I finish work at 2pm to be home when the kids get in from school, so I have the whole later afternoon to get done what I need to get done.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I prefer mornings myself, it really starts my day off right. Also, it's quieter and brighter than night time:)
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I change it up day to day, sometimes morning, sometimes evenings usually around 6 o'clock, sometimes both. I like doing it better in the morning good way to kickstart your day, but it can be a pain in the *kitten* to get up too early. It feels good to get it out of the way early. I try to get in an hour a day, 6 days a week.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Agreed... what ever time works for you! I HATE working out in the morning (and I am a morning person) unless I know I can get in a nap mid-day. If not, I am zapped. My favorite time is 4 or 5 PM but will do it as late as 7 PM without disrupting my sleep schedule
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    On my days off I like to exercise in the morning to start my day. When I work, I go workout in the afternoon.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    About to go out now, 22:25 Uk time, I guess it's just whenever you can find time
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    4 30 am...gym opens...no crowd yet...of course that means being in bed by 830 the night before
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I get up to workout at 6 am before my kids get up.
  • karenp84
    karenp84 Posts: 119
    Options
    I always excerise in the evening after work sometime between 7-9pm
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Morning. Then it's done and out of the way. No excuse not to do it and apparently it's the best time to workout as well.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    A little of both. Days off I love a brisk morning walk.
    Work days has to be in the late afternoon usually right after work.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Whenever it is convenient. Usually that isn't morning, but sometimes it is. Really it makes no difference except that for some people if they workout near bed time they have a hard time sleeping.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    my classes are 8:30 pm

on weekends i prefer mornings but it is tricky, eating enough so i don't feel faint, and little enough to keep from feeling nauseated.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Whenever it fits in best for me ...each day varies