Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Secret Santa ? What to buy for £10 ? Suggestions Please!

Yeah that time of the year again!

Basically im useless at buying anything never mind a present for someone i dont even know!

But its a work thing and i got sucked into it like everyone else!

Must buy an item with a max budget of £10

Has to be funny but not too lame if you know what i mean?

Replies

• Buy them something awful just to see the certificate smile :ohwell:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Can't you just get them a voucher?
  • Yeah that time of the year again!

Basically im useless at buying anything never mind a present for someone i dont even know!

But its a work thing and i got sucked into it like everyone else!

Must buy an item with a max budget of £10

Has to be funny but not too lame if you know what i mean?

Bump. Doing this this year too! Home Bargains have actually got good stuff for girls. I think I'm going to give my friend face masks, big bar of chocolate, bath stuff & a manicure set :)
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    play.com has lots of cheap ideas if you are in the uk
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    A starbucks coffee mug with 6 individual coffees in canada is $12.00 maybe under 10 pounds in the uk. Or a teg mug with a box of nice tea.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Lush do a secret santa gift. https://phoenix.lush.co.uk/product/5717/Secret-Santa-Red-Gift
    Leaves cash for a small box of chocs or something.
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    i've just been secret santa shopping myself. assuming the gifts are to be exchanged at a team/company party at which some level of alcohol will be consumed, i always favour something cute and silly that can be worn for the rest of the evening :) cheap feather boas have been successful in the past and this year i think i'm settling on one of the little burlesque style mini top hat (Amazon have some cheap ones) but there are lots of ideas in the hats arena. i nearly got a great looking fez though :)

(BTW: i work in software and am buying for someone in a mainly male dept. strangely, the silly female fripperies still go down very well :D )
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    A silly coffee mug filled with home made cookies or chocolates? A comic desk calendar? A "stress relief" ball/head/pillow?
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    One of the cutest gifts I ever got was a package of batteries. In fine print underneath, it said "gift not included"
  • One of the cutest gifts I ever got was a package of batteries. In fine print underneath, it said "gift not included"

LMAO!!! :-D
  • bump
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Are you buying male or female? Or so you not know?

I would go for sweets, chocolate, etc - but thats what I like to get lol! Not silly or funny though. x
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    a tea defuser and loose tea is always a great hit I think and you should be able to find something for around that...
  • Are you buying male or female? Or so you not know?

I would go for sweets, chocolate, etc - but thats what I like to get lol! Not silly or funny though. x

A male who i barely know
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    go to the mall where all the calendars are, i am getting my secret santa a betty white one ! going to be soo funny when he opens it