Nsv. Realization

Options
The last 2.5 months ive made it thru bdays and dinners out- more than i can count- But Today was bittersweet for me. I let my gaurd down. It was fun and I enjoyed it, but I saw way too many glimpses of the old me. And bad memories I don't want to think about.

I'm grateful that I'll be back to the new Aimee tomorrow and will start with a protein shake and a run.
And that is what's important- to not continue what I did today

I've been of MFP for 70 days now. Everyday i feel stronger and i look at pics of me and like what i seenow, but a holiday can bring that old me out. That scares me.

I said a quick hello to the old me. But it's time to say goodbye. We have outgrown one another. I'm not the same woman I was in August. Ive outgrown her. She relies on food and alcohol to get her thru a week.
I rely on my heart, good healthy food, running and my friends and husband to help me thru my weeks to come.

Replies

• cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    That will happen, but the most important thing is to keep going. Many people quit because they revert to the "old me", but that old me will always be there, it's part of the new me, and the fact that you recognize it is success in itself. Go you!
  • WalkingZero1
    WalkingZero1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love this <3
  • kimberlyawagner
    Options
    Congrats, girl! I feel the same way!
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: We all have our moments~ You are human, sweetheart! Tomorrow's another day, and you've got this!
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    Beautifully said. The "old me" peeks out and scares me sometimes too. But you are strong and doing amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!